• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
NZ start off at 2 an over for the first 5-10 overs, and England repay the favour by bowling absolute trash for the last 10-15. The Cycle of life.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only assume it's NZ plan to settle for 20/2 after 10 overs every game and then try to make it up later. If so, it's ludicrous and they're just handing the game to England. Look at both dismissals so far - zero intent to put any pressure on the bowlers. Infuriating stuff. Obviously after the last game the coaching staff got the openers together and said, "much of the same chaps, stay in your crease, don't trying anything and just let the bowlers settle into a good line and length."

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gonna be annoyed when Williamson plays that same shot to get out in the test matches

Horrible start again - Taylor might as well come in and hit out because otherwise we're on track for another nothing total.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Oh dear. Criminal to get out like that they way they're bowling. Although I guess that's what pressure does.

I can only assume it's NZ plan to settle for 20/2 after 10 overs every game and then try to make it up later. If so, it's ludicrous and they're just handing the game to England. Look at both dismissals so far - zero intent to put any pressure on the bowlers. Infuriating stuff. Obviously after the last game the coaching staff got the openers together and said, "much of the same chaps, stay in your crease, don't trying anything and just let the bowlers settle into a good line and length."
Cycle of life dude.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, it's crazy.

It means that the middle to lower order have to play out of their skins just to get close to par.

Yeah, the bowling is good. But there has been no intent to look for quick singles. And they are just putting even more pressure on themselves.

Thank ****ing god I have a BBQ to go to.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Small bonus that Taylor has another chance to build an innings.

Would've liked it if McCullum had taken it upon himself to come in and give us back the momentum, but I guess that could've backfired badly.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
20-2, you wish.....

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
C'mon boyz, let's try to push this run rate up to 1.5, even 2 per over.

Leg stump ball earlier this over should have been put away by Taylor. Why so tentative?

Edit: And again

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's crazy.

It means that the middle to lower order have to play out of their skins just to get close to par.

Yeah, the bowling is good. But there has been no intent to look for quick singles. And they are just putting even more pressure on themselves.

Thank ****ing god I have a BBQ to go to.
Even forgetting about singles, surely as NZ coach you get the openers together and tell them the ONE thing your don't want to do against Finn is just stay in your crease and let him bowl. Finally McMillan is making the point....

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
ffs you useless ****s, im pretty sure that about the worst batsmen ever but at least i know how to move my ****ing feet

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Buttler looks perfectly decent behind the stumps standing back so far; not so convinced standing up, but seems to be doing a more than capable job - everything's going into the gloves neatly.