• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

the big bambino

International Captain
The point is that there is absolutely no comparison between a deadly accurate beanpole quick who consistently got seam movement and a left arm orthodox with no special gifts at all.
Oh silly me. I mentioned 2 separate issues in the same post. I'll keep to one issue per post in future so as not to confuse.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And what McGrath did worked for him...
'Bowls 125 and not much swing or seam movement' But if it's always in the right areas and doing 'just enough' it makes it lethal!

[No, I did not compare SOK to McGrath in terms of ability, but rather making a point that what looks innocuous may not be so]

The only chance O'Keefe got against an international team, he nailed them...
I'd hardly call a fast bowler constantly putting the ball on the same spot right where batsmen don't want it whilst moving it constantly off the seam 'innocuous'.

Buy a new dictionary.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More importantly, who cares? At the point of contact, I bet it didn't feel like 125Km/h when McG was sending them down.

the big bambino

International Captain
True. But I have seen him bowl at that pace. Not important though as his consistency, bounce and seam made him so great. Other bowlers who are lively despite their low ks are Asif and Philander. They bowl around 125 and 130 but persistently beat batsmen.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be interesting to see what kind of pitches India produce this time around. Before the England series, it would have been a no brainer but now that spin friendly conditions no longer ensure a series victory..what would their strategy be? Also the fact that Australia don't really have a Swann or even a Panesar like spinner might just give India some confidence.

the big bambino

International Captain
You'd think that with our shakiness against spin and on uneven surfaces it'd be a monty we'll get those wickets to exploit those weaknessess. Also with Zaheer unfit and Yadav recovering India have no incentive to play to our pace bowling strength.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would be interesting to see what kind of pitches India produce this time around. Before the England series, it would have been a no brainer but now that spin friendly conditions no longer ensure a series victory..what would their strategy be? Also the fact that Australia don't really have a Swann or even a Panesar like spinner might just give India some confidence.
No but Australia have Steve Smith.:laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
With the current batting form of Indian top order batsmen, doesn't matter what kind of pitch they produce tbh.

Ashwin isn't bowling well either. So unless, both things improve can see the team struggling on most type of pitches. Also, you can only tinker with the natural soil to a degree only.