• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Names

DJellett

International Debutant
Could the 3 team captains (Hurricane, Johnners, Howe_zat) please submit the name of their team for the first season, so that I may complete and post info for the draft and season.

Team names must be no more than 24 characters in length, thank you :)

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Could the 3 team captains (Hurricane, rvd619323, Howe_zat) please submit the name of their team for the first season, so that I may complete and post info for the draft and season.

Team names must be no more than 24 characters in length, thank you :)
I'm Hurricane's VC. Johnners is the other captain, unless I'm going nuts.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Can we team 1 for now and give you a name later so that our whole team once drafted can vote on it. If this causes problems for you let me know and me and Dan will pick something.

Cheers

jan

State Vice-Captain
Suggestion:

Inswingers, Outswingers and Swingers.

Or how does Hurri****s sound?

DJellett

International Debutant
Can we team 1 for now and give you a name later so that our whole team once drafted can vote on it. If this causes problems for you let me know and me and Dan will pick something.

Cheers
Certainly mate, like the idea.

DJellett

International Debutant
For the time being will be known as Team Hurricane and Team Johnners for fixturing and draft purposes; will be updated when an official name is decided upon.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Reckon I'll call our side the Tigers, after the Leicester variety. Any other name suggestions welcome though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Randomly decided this morning that I liked "The Honey Badgers" - would like to hear the teams thoughts first though.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Gun name imo.

Courtesy Wikipedia:

Honey badgers are intelligent animals and are one of a few species known to be capable of using tools.

They are tireless in combat and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations.

As with other mustelids of relatively large size, such as wolverines and badgers, honey badgers are notorious for their strength, ferocity and toughness. They have been known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any kind of animal when escape is impossible, reportedly even repelling much larger predators such as lions. - I guess that includes tigers too, Howe :laugh:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Gun name imo.

Courtesy Wikipedia:

Honey badgers are intelligent animals and are one of a few species known to be capable of using tools.

They are tireless in combat and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations.

As with other mustelids of relatively large size, such as wolverines and badgers, honey badgers are notorious for their strength, ferocity and toughness. They have been known to savagely and fearlessly attack almost any kind of animal when escape is impossible, reportedly even repelling much larger predators such as lions. - I guess that includes tigers too, Howe :laugh:
:laugh: best name ever

Agent TBY

International Captain
Reckon I'll call our side the Tigers, after the Leicester variety. Any other name suggestions welcome though.
Much too bland imo. We need something weird that still manages to sound sufficiently cool.

Just don't pick anything red, please.