• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C Discussion - Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Said in today's paper that a 2-2 draw between Spain & Croatia puts Italy out regardless of what happens in the Ireland game. Would be hilarious; shades of 2004 when (IIRC) Sweden and Denmark conjured up the same result that put them both through and Italy out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah because the results against Ireland would become irrelevant in the event of a three way tie wouldn't they? Hence why Russia were through until the Czechs scored tonight as well. Prefer GD myself but any system that ****s Italy over is okay with me.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah because the results against Ireland would become irrelevant in the event of a three way tie wouldn't they? Hence why Russia were through until the Czechs scored tonight as well. Prefer GD myself but any system that ****s Italy over is okay with me.
GD doesn't really work though, and is much more open to shenanigans in small groups, see Aries in '78.

It's wonderful, Italian's whining over potential corruption, I'm hoping for a totally fixed 2-2:D

Last edited:

grecian

GD doesn't really work though, and is much more open to shenanigans in small groups, see Aries in '78.

It's wonderful, Italian's whining over potential corruption, I'm hoping for a totally fixed 2-2:D
hmm interesting typo, Aries-Argies, for the record i hate Aries more my brother is one after all.

Johnners

Cannot fathom how people can get flares in to a football stadium. Do they not check bags etc. or even fine people for such things in europe.

Johnners

That's the thing, you'd be just about behind bars here for even thinking of doing it, yet it seems to be a regular occurrence in parts of mainland Europe.

Scaly piscine

And another ludicrous non-decision. All but kicked him in the head.

Croatia v Spain.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah same here. Not sure my hotel room has BBC3 and it certainly doesn't have BBC HD so I had no choice anyway. Probably would have watched this regardless mind you.

If Croatia scored and the other game stayed as it was, Spain would be out right?

Johnners

If Italy & Croatia win, Spain are out. Spain only need a draw to qualify though iirc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
With England currently 2nd in their group, Spain are clearly playing with the aim of finishing 2nd themselves as they know we will destroy them. Jokes on them when we win our group anyway.

Johnners

Silva really needs a right foot sometimes. Gets himself into a great position, then wastes time by always switching back to his left.