• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2012

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Sigh, Bangers deserved it - Shahadat's **** up really costing them - WAFC.

Still Shakib, WAFG - totally gunning throughout the tourney - sad to see his efforts go in vain again.

salman85

International Debutant
There is something about Mushfiqur that makes me want to punch him.Kinda looks like that irritatingly nice kid in school that you hate without a reason.

Himannv

International Coach
This is all Shahadat's fault. He didn't have to hit those three runs if he had bowled a better last over. Probably cost them the Asia Cup in the end. WAFC.

On another note, feel bad for Bangladesh, they deserved to win this in front of their home support. Can't be easy for a Bangladeshi fan watching their team struggle for years and then see them come this close and lose. Well done to get this far.

Congratz Pakistan for winning it though. Their spin attack is exceptional.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Bah.. Bangali's deserved it more.

Misbah stays as a captain then :\ Younis remains.

The problems remain with the Pakistani team... :\

Fusion

Global Moderator
What a tense finish! Glad to have Pakistan win it at the end. Kudos to the Bangladeshi team for putting up such an excellent performance throughout the tourney. Hope this is the start of good things for them. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tournament XI?

1. Tamim
2. Hafeez
3. Kohli
4. .. Nasir?
5. Shakib
6. Raina
7. Dhoni
8. Mortaza
9. Gul I guess
10. Razzak
11. Ajmal

No Sri Lankans, lol. Sanga could come in for Nasir I suppose.

Dissector

International Debutant
If Pakistan are the Asian champions and England beat Pakistan in Asia 4-0 that means England is the best ODI team in Asia...

I'll never forgive you, Pakistan.:ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
Tournament XI?

1. Tamim
2. Hafeez
3. Kohli
4. .. Nasir?
5. Shakib
6. Raina
7. Dhoni
8. Mortaza
9. Gul I guess
10. Razzak
11. Ajmal

No Sri Lankans, lol. Sanga could come in for Nasir I suppose.
yeah....Nasir doesn't deserve to be there....Misbah can come in as captain :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is Dhoni in that XI. It should be little Mushy.
Both of them only played one significance in the tournament, but Dhoni's innings was the better of the two. Dhoni actually scored more runs than Rahim off less balls despite not being dismissed while Rahim was dismissed three times. No brainer there IMO.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Would have been a dream finish if Bangladesh had won of the last ball. Kind of leaves a hollow feeling after all the highs of competing so well in 4 matches in a row. Seems like they have the ingredients in place to go forward, but considering it is Bangladesh they would get bowled out for 58 in their next game and we are back to square one.

Also, reading about Tamim celebrating 4 fifties in a row just shows how much more he has to grow. If he had gone on to make a century in the final or in the first game they could have gone on to win. Gives off an impression of being easily satisfied.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Tamim
Hafeez
Kohli
Nasir
Shakib
Raina
Mushfiqur+
Mortaza
Gul
Ajmal
Razzak

IMO. Nasir surely deserves a spot for average 50+ and brilliant fielding, saved a lot of runs in the field.

smash84

The Tiger King
Would have been a dream finish if Bangladesh had won of the last ball. Kind of leaves a hollow feeling after all the highs of competing so well in 4 matches in a row. Seems like they have the ingredients in place to go forward, but considering it is Bangladesh they would get bowled out for 58 in their next game and we are back to square one.

Also, reading about Tamim celebrating 4 fifties in a row just shows how much more he has to grow. If he had gone on to make a century in the final or in the first game they could have gone on to win. Gives off an impression of being easily satisfied.
awta

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Both of them only played one significance in the tournament, but Dhoni's innings was the better of the two. Dhoni actually scored more runs than Rahim off less balls despite not being dismissed while Rahim was dismissed three times. No brainer there IMO.
Depends on the pitch and the bowling.

Gonna be honest followed this tournament witth the help of a friend and TBH I like the H2H method because it appears fairer than NRR which takes conditions out of the equation a team might have played on easier pitches than another and hence thats the reason their NRR is higher.