• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2012

James

Cricket Web Owner
Involve yourself with the Asia Cup 2012 by playing Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket

Sun Mar 11
1st Match - Bangladesh v Pakistan
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Tue Mar 13
2nd Match - India v Sri Lanka

Thu Mar 15
3rd Match - Pakistan v Sri Lanka

Fri Mar 16
4th Match - Bangladesh v India

Sun Mar 18
5th Match - India v Pakistan

Tue Mar 20
6th Match - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

Thu Mar 22
Final - TBC v TBC

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
News coming is that Sachin and Sehwag will be "rested" for Asia Cup. Sachin will be "rested" so that he could take his mind off from 100th ton and Sehwag will "rested" so that he could reinvent himself. If it does happen I would like to see who will be the replacement. Rahane has been in poor form since coming back to India from Australia. Uthappa might get a recall as he scored back to back tons in domestic LO tournament

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
News coming is that Sachin and Sehwag will be "rested" for Asia Cup. Sachin will be "rested" so that he could take his mind off from 100th ton and Sehwag will "rested" so that he could reinvent himself. If it does happen I would like to see who will be the replacement. Rahane has been in poor form since coming back to India from Australia. Uthappa might get a recall as he scored back to back tons in domestic LO tournament
Source?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Should pick Mukund, IMO. Or stick with Rahane.

Replace Sachin Tendulkar with Sachin Baby ?

Sparkley

Banned
Pak have been surprisingly below par in Asia Cups. They have won just the 1 Asia Cup out of 10 editions.Ind and SL in comparison have 5 and 4 respectively!

Himannv

International Coach
Pak have been surprisingly below par in Asia Cups. They have won just the 1 Asia Cup out of 10 editions.Ind and SL in comparison have 5 and 4 respectively!
They probably have the team with the best form at the moment so perhaps this may be their year.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Indian Team announced, Sehwag dropped, Yadav and Zaheer rested

MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virat Kohli (vice-capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Rahul Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Ashok Dinda

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No real surprises there. They have picked a good SC team but nothing out of the box.

Sachin should retire from ODI's after this.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Will be awful to see SRT get his 100th 100 against Bangladesh. Lets see if I have jinxed well and good.

Shri

Mr. Glass
No real surprises there. They have picked a good SC team but nothing out of the box.

Sachin should retire from ODI's after this.
Should not retire. Should just step back for a couple of years and see how things are with the squad for the 2015 WC. If we need him and if he is in good form in tests, he should play the WC. I can hope.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Will be awful to see SRT get his 100th 100 against Bangladesh. Lets see if I have jinxed well and good.
Well Bangladesh is the only test playing country against whom SRT hasnt scored an ODI century