• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's also scary to see the side on top of the EPL largely outclassed by a side that, apparently, is 33 points behind the leaders in Spain. Dark times indeed.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have been saved for me. Chelsea the last survivors, it looks like, and the tears you hear are from Channel 5 executives.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's also scary to see the side on top of the EPL largely outclassed by a side that, apparently, is 33 points behind the leaders in Spain. Dark times indeed.
Barcelona and Real Madrid are miles ahead of anyone else in Europe, the 33 point gap is meaningless.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And yep, Martinez is a midfielder through and through - only got converted to centre-half this season, and I imagine he'll be playing midfield for Spain at the Euros.
Really, when the opposition are Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas I can't see him getting any game time?

Pothas

They're somethke 2 points off 3rd or something. Bielsla as a coach has some pretty out there ideas tactically - I think I'm right in saying Javi Martinez had barely played at centre half beforw this season, for example. The first couple of months were basically a write off as the team got used to their coach and his way of doing things.
Yeah Bibao are a pretty out there club so they are a great fit, definetly took a while, remember watching a game against Betis early In the season and they were a total mess but have been lots of good since then, were excellent against Barca.

Really hope they get 4th, totally outplayed Osasuna on the weekend and lost thanks to two set pieces.

Pothas

I was willing Chelsea on last night. Having an English team still in the comp is the only thing getting me up or keeping me up for the 3.45am kick-offs. I wouldn’t watch until the final if Chelsea went out last night.

Surprised Chinese TV went with the Madrid game last night, apparently they thought as it was 1-1, the game was more “Live” than the Chelsea tie. Ridiculous, though saying that CSKA should have been 2 zip up in the first 10 minutes. Chelsea could beat Real; I think if they don’t get Barca or Bayern, they could reach the semis. Napoli were awful, so naïve.
Never understood the following English teams in Europe thing, I watch them at least one these sides every weekend, don't care if I can't in midweek as well. Always watched Champions league for the other sides, although it has lost some of the magic now we are so much more accustomed to seeing them.

Bayern the only threat to the Spanish two, even if they have not been all that good at times this season they still have so much talent in that side. I can't see Real losing to anyone other than Barca though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Really, when the opposition are Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas I can't see him getting any game time?
Think he was suggesting he'd be picked as a centre back tbh.
He'll probably get picked to cover both positions TBH, though his caps to date for Spain have been in midfield. He's not yet a first choice due to the competition he faces, but he's a regular member of the squad.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
And 13 off relegation apparently.

Birmingham City won more games in Europe this season than Manure. While no English team has lost as many games in one season in Europe as Manure.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Never understood the following English teams in Europe thing, I watch them at least one these sides every weekend, don't care if I can't in midweek as well. Always watched Champions league for the other sides, although it has lost some of the magic now we are so much more accustomed to seeing them.

Bayern the only threat to the Spanish two, even if they have not been all that good at times this season they still have so much talent in that side. I can't see Real losing to anyone other than Barca though.
As do I, to see the other sides beat the likes of Man U and Chelsea but there are no English teams left, so while I want to see Chelsea lose, I just don't want them to lose now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Decent draw for Chelsea. Away leg first as well. But Barca looms large in the semis. Real Barca final is on.

LOL @ at the Milan delegation faces.

Pothas

Is it just me or is the most boring round of FA cup games ever? Does not help that there is pretty much no side left that I actually want to win it, Everton or Sunderland I suppose.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Even when there are teams I like still in it I find it hard to get enthused about it to be honest. It very much seems like a "week off" from the real competitions the majority of the time.

fredfertang

Even when there are teams I like still in it I find it hard to get enthused about it to be honest. It very much seems like a "week off" from the real competitions the majority of the time.
How times change - when I was nobbut a lad in short pants t' FA Cup was t' biggest event in sport bar none