• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Tendulkar criticism thread

Satguru

Banned
Nah he announced his retirement at the start of an aussie test series and made sure that he could extend his career by 4 tests no matter what. Went out on his own terms, wasn't dropped afaic.
Thats after his comeback when he was actually a world class batsman for 2 years. He WAS dropped after getting a slow century in Zimbabwe.
And this applies to every nation, albeit to very slightly lesser degree... FFS Ponting wasnt dropped even though he was absolutely tripe for the major part of 4 years since 2007. It is difficult to drop legends of the game, and arguably they should be given more chances to come back into form than lesser mortals.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah but the selectors reasons for dropping him were fine. He needed to be dropped at that time because he was in woeful form. Not too many protests from fans outside Bengal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah he announced his retirement at the start of an aussie test series and made sure that he could extend his career by 4 tests no matter what. Went out on his own terms, wasn't dropped afaic.
Thats after his comeback when he was actually a world class batsman for 2 years. He WAS dropped after getting a slow century in Zimbabwe.
And this applies to every nation, albeit to very slightly lesser degree... FFS Ponting wasnt dropped even though he was absolutely tripe for the major part of 4 years since 2007. It is difficult to drop legends of the game, and arguably they should be given more chances to come back into form than lesser mortals.
Yeah but the selectors reasons for dropping him were fine. He needed to be dropped at that time because he was in woeful form. Not too many protests from fans outside Bengal.
Key point is the Calcutta fans are nut jobs anyway so they don't count.

(Sanz to attack me with a steel rod)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I know that, that's when the Calcutta fans erupted. Stormed the streets etc. etc.

2005 IIRC.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can you give me a quick summary of the stats?

Also NZ have lost 5 wickets for no runs - My bet is Sachin just flicked on his telly in Bangladesh 10 minutes ago.
They split the runs scored by batsman into two categories based on pitch and bowling difficulty they faced in each inning. Category A is tough runs and Category B is easy runs. And the guys who topped 50 in the tough runs were few and I think among the contemporary greats, Lara was highest... And in terms of % of tough runs to total runs, Englishmen from the 80s and Lara were leading the way with > 75% of their total runs being tough runs..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They split the runs scored by batsman into two categories based on pitch and bowling difficulty they faced in each inning. Category A is tough runs and Category B is easy runs. And the guys who topped 50 in the tough runs were few and I think among the contemporary greats, Lara was highest... And in terms of % of tough runs to total runs, Englishmen from the 80s and Lara were leading the way with > 75% of their total runs being tough runs..
Thanks mate. I tried reading it, but it was too much for me at the time.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats Sachin

Now no one can dispute his dominance over the title as the greatest cricketer the world has ever seen. Truly the best cricketer ever to have played the game bar none. Especially those old hacks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why troll in his congrats thread? Let the other ****s troll, don't bring Sachin down to that level.

Anyway great player, privileged to have watch him.