• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

ganeshran

International Debutant
He blatantly chucks the doosra. But that is another debate. ICC is allowing him to bowl with his current action.

This thread was to compare the effectiveness of Ajmal v/s Swann. I rate Ajmal better in ODIs and Swann better in tests. Though the gap in tests is much more than in ODIs

Howe_zat

Audio File
So you admit it's all quiet on the Australian front, then you reserve the right to start ****-stirring when you feel like having a go? In half a dozen theads no less, tantamount to a grand announcement of your arrival to come piss people off.

No. You don't get that right. Save it for someone who actually supports their team. You haven't earned it.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Whats that got to do with the current thread? I started it long back and came to bump it after seeing Ajmal bowl quite well.

I had conceded much before the Aussie tour that India are not going to win it.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Now Ajmal is looking a lot better. Only spinner that made Sam look silly. Not even Warne managed that feat against Sam.

I'd take Ajmal every day if the player down the other end is a fleet footed sub continental batsman.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We'll probably have to wait for the series to end first, but as it seems, Ajmal is going to give Swann a good fight for that no.1 spinner spot.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saeed Ajmal to Swann, FOUR, 86.4 kph, Swann gets one tossed up so generously that it takes the variations out of the way. Swann reaches out easily to the flight and clatters it through the covers for four.

Saeed Ajmal to Swann, FOUR, 82.4 kph, Swann's taking his counterpart on. Another good-looking off drive, this time over mid-off. Swann leans out, gets to the flight again and drives sumptuously.
bump :ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Feel Ajmal is being underrated here.

Swann i would rate ahead of him right now, but Ajmal is a pretty tricky spinner who can trouble even the best with his variations.

Chucking or not doesn't really matter as long as he is allowed to bowl.
Yeah, this. :cool: