• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, so the human rights abusees committed by Britain the name of Empire or by Australia in the 'White Australia' era are comparable to what's going on in the UAE in 2012?

Get ****ed.
Who is comparing anything. All I am saying is very few nations in the world have a good human rights record..hence if we use that as a criteria to decide a cricketing venue, we would not be able to play cricket anywhere.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ah, so the human rights abusees committed by Britain the name of Empire or by Australia in the 'White Australia' era are comparable to what's going on in the UAE in 2012?

Get ****ed.
Of course not. What is happening in the UAE is probably not even a fraction as bad.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who is comparing anything. All I am saying is very few nations in the world have a good human rights record..hence if we use that as a criteria to decide a cricketing venue, we would not be able to play cricket anywhere.
You did the second you dragged other countries into the debate.

What other countries may have got up to in the past is irrelevant when we're talking about the present day.

And smali, **** off. I've seen your level of "debating" in the Pakistan politics thread.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You did the second you dragged other countries into the debate.

What other countries may have got up to in the past is irrelevant when we're talking about the present day.
You're not serious about that are you? Because if you are, that is an extremely pathetic, ignorant and insensitive statement you just made.

Secondly, I was not just talking about the past. Even as early as 2003, Britain went into an illegal war and occupied a sovereign nation based on a lie and committed war crimes and serious human rights abuses.
Australia currently have a 'boat people' issue where people are being kept under the most inhuman conditions on a place called Christmas Island.. Lots of people (including minors) have already died due to the political shenanigans taking place regarding the issue.
Plus till this day, there is a vast disparity in the standards of living, health, employment etc between indigenous communities and the rest of the Australian population.

Sri Lankan government has committed serious war crimes as recently as 2009 against Tamil people, not to mention the decades of discrimination and war waged against them

Pakistan government has committed human rights abuses in its tribal areas by sending its military and bombing them **** out of those areas which have killed many innocent people including women and children.

The Indian government is currently involved in a war against its tribal/indigenous people, kicking them out of their own homes, destroying villages in order to free up space for multinational companies like Coca Cola. Many villages don't have access to water now because all the water is being used up in factories.

The Bangladesh government has sent its military into an area called Chittagong Hill Tracks and committed mass murder and rape against the indigenous people there because they asked for a separate state.

I am not comparing one country's record with another because I don't think you can put a value to human suffering. All I said was, that very few nations in the world have a good human rights record because nation states by their very nature are violent institutions. Most nations have been founded after a violent conflict either internal or external. Hence, if human rights record is a criteria for choosing a cricketing venue, we will not be able to play cricket anywhere.

This is going to be my final word on this issue. I am not trying to defend UAE by any means. My point was, everyone has got their hands dirty. I am sorry to be the person to break this to you but if you thought the world was a place from those Disney cartoons and UAE was the only nation doing dirty things, you are wrong.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair BW has a fair point about Britain in 03. Bliar and Clown should be facing war criminal charges along with the puppeteer Bush.

He was provoked to make that post so you can't be too critical of him GF.

FBU

International Debutant
As for England, I really home Onions gets a game..I really liked this bloke when I saw him in South Africa and the Ashes in 09. He is much better than Finn in my view.
I prefer Finn. They both go for runs but Finn has a great strike rate.

f/c
Finn 3.48 Onions 3.61
Test
Finn 3.89 Onions 3.64

L Trumper

State Regular
I prefer Finn. They both go for runs but Finn has a great strike rate.

f/c
Finn 3.48 Onions 3.61
Test
Finn 3.89 Onions 3.64
But Finn is a part of considerably better attack, when Onions was around bowling unit was just showing signs of awesomeness but not as refined as it is now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But Finn is a part of considerably better attack, when Onions was around bowling unit was just showing signs of awesomeness but not as refined as it is now.
Very true, with the constant pressure the other bowlers give it makes you think how good he might be. After all he looked a far better bowler than Bresnan before his injury.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Suspect it's a moot point unless Tremmers is actually blind come Tuesday morning.

Lot of time for both Finn and Onions, but neither's done quite enough to leapfrog the big fella in the pecking order to my way of thinking.

Woodster

International Captain
If Tremlett and Onions were fully fit, would be a close one between who I'd prefer in those two, it may come down solely to pitch conditions. Finn is slightly behind those two as it stands, the both Tremlett and Onions are more understanding of their own actions and the type of bowlers they are, Finn at the moment is coming to terms with the role he could play in the England side. Looking at his ODI performances he is improving, but will have to see if that extends to Test cricket.