• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Astounding Catch - Bevan Small 'assists' Michael Mason

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Still reckon Adam Dale's is possibly better. That was freakish. Sinclair's against Aussie up there as well, and a few from the Windies in the 70s and 80s I should think. Remember seeing one (think it was Clive Lloyd) fielding at leg slip - the guy flicked it around the corner and he would've have about 0.0001 second to react. But he grabbed it, nonchalantly almost. It was breathtaking.

Also I remember seeing a Martin van Jaarsveld one where he ran from slip down the leg side when seeing a guy sweep, and caught it back behind himself on the run. Freakish, although probably illegal.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Still reckon Adam Dale's is possibly better. That was freakish. Sinclair's against Aussie up there as well, and a few from the Windies in the 70s and 80s I should think. Remember seeing one (think it was Clive Lloyd) fielding at leg slip - the guy flicked it around the corner and he would've have about 0.0001 second to react. But he grabbed it, nonchalantly almost. It was breathtaking.
I'd rank Astle's against the Windies back in 2006 (?) as well. No spectacular dive, but brilliant balance.

Just from a NZ standpoint I'd go
1. This one
2. Sinclair
3. Astle

(talking about boundary catches, of course)

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but really someone oughta try to get this to cricinfo's attn or something

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember seeing that catch live. Easily the best catch I've ever seen actually at a cricket ground. You don't really get a full sense of how incredible it was from that video, he had to sprint about 15 yards to his right, dive and catch it about 7 feet off the ground.

Just love Martin Crowe's cry of disbelief from the back of the commentary box.

Last edited:

benchmark00

For some reason I see the words 'small breasts' in the thread title everytime I have a quick glance.

Leaves me sad to see such words.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Insane stuff. It's the first instance I've seen of a player flicking it to a team-mate from a proper full length dive over the ropes.

jokes this **** happens in Aussie domestic every game k1wis suck

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, nowhere near as good. Small has taken the ball outside the field of play, after sizing it all up and never actually touched the ball with his feet on the ground. Bloody awesome.

Last year tried to do something similar myself at our home ground, except the ball was a bit too high, jumped up to try and grab it and landed on top of the fence, momentum took me backwards and knocked myself out. :cool:

Zinzan

Nah, nowhere near as good. Small has taken the ball outside the field of play, after sizing it all up and never actually touched the ball with his feet on the ground. Bloody awesome.

Last year tried to do something similar myself at our home ground, except the ball was a bit too high, jumped up to try and grab it and landed on top of the fence, momentum took me backwards and knocked myself out. :cool:
Maybe I need to see a better angle of it :p