• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it was a ridiculous argument from Lawson. Fast bowlers bowl fast...if a batsman doesn't want to take that as it comes then he shouldn't leave the pavilion.
Khan and Yadav liberally bounced the Australian tail. This has been going on since the 70s afaik.

There was a test in the mid-60s when an Australian quick bowled a bouncer to Charlie Griffith who immediately turned around to the slips and asked "What number that man bat?"

Redbacks

International Captain
I'm talking about guys who have played with these two, of course there have been plenty of jealous **** who have been pulling these two down for a while now but apparently they have no suggestions as to who should replace them.
So now you are arguing with people who live in Aus and hear opinions of former players every day. Seems that a lot more cricket writers have been down on Ponting whilst former players are much more positive about his ability to be a contributer/match winner again.

pup11

International Coach
Wouldn't really call a bloke like Mark Taylor the jealous type...
Didn't knew that but if he did than that's just poor form, all the people taking shots at Punt probably forget that if they had a replacement player than he would have been dropped a long time ago.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm talking about guys who have played with these two, of course there have been plenty of jealous **** who have been pulling these two down for a while now but apparently they have no suggestions as to who should replace them.
That's the only reason why Ponting has been able to stay on though, and it isn't a particularly promising reason - our batting depth atm is terrible. If he is at his best, he would make the team regardless of any depth we may have, but it is yet to be seen whether these twin 50's mark a return to better form. Given his previous history of teasing us with small scores and looking good at the crease, I personally don't think they will. The fact is though, even if Ponting averages 40 from now on, that is basically going to be good enough to justify his position in the team...that's how mediocre our batting has got. Hussey is a different story though. He has genuinely been in top form for a couple of fairly recent series' and has backed up that form again by being the top scorer from both teams in this match. He most certainly deserves to stay on for some while.

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
Is it normal practice to ban people when they speak the truth on this forum? I think the whole world knows that India are flat track bully's, so why ban people from speaking the truth about it?

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
The SCG is more of a green track these days, I would still play 3 fast men and a spinner, have had a lot of rain in Sydney this year so I don't think it will be a normal slow SCG that the Indians love.

Ruckus

International Captain
I don't think India should change their attack, it was the best part of their game. Changes India should make imo are Sharma for Kohli and perhaps someone in for Gambhir, who looks like he has been figured out Phil Hughes style.