• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

pup11

International Coach
Yep the only problem our batsmen have is showing intent. If they improve that then all of a sudden we've got 11 Bradmans.
That's certainly isn't the case, our top order just blocks/leaves balls for a period of time and soon after that they just start throwing their bats at every ball, now that's not intent that's just amateurish batting at this level because first they allow bowlers to get on top and when they fell stuck they just play that 'get out of jail' shot that leads to their fall.

People like Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Slater, Mark Waugh and other strokeplayers from over the years batted with intent and despite not having the best of techniques they still scored a lot of runs because they backed their natural ability even in toughest of conditions.

Now guys like Hughes, Warner, Marsh and Uzi might not be in the same league as some of those guys but they are strokeplayers nonetheless and only way they are gonna come good is if they are allowed to play their natural game, though atm it almost feels like that these guys are being made to crub their natural style of play so that at the top of the order they can take the shine of the new ball so that the experienced blokes in the middle order don't get exposed to a newish ball but that's one tactic that clearly hasn't worked.

Redbacks

International Captain
Props to S MacGill who backed in Punter on inside cricket too. Reckon he would make a great selector.

As in; He was asked about whether he would keep picking him. Went through the usual analysis of his form dip, but also the need for youth but when prompted by BJ: 'Should he get a tap on the shoulder?'
straight out backed Ricky as a competitor who he doesn't think would linger on if he couldn't contribute and has the pedigree to win us test matches etc. Nice to hear a reasoned response other than seeing someone like Merv who was oblivious to FC cricket or 'good mates' Nielsen.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
What was that? Did I miss something that happened between those two?
I think Zaheer must have bounced Pattinson, picked up something to that effect from the stump mike on the broadcast. Plus:

Zaheer is batting -> Pattinson hates batsmen!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Props to S MacGill who backed in Punter on inside cricket too. Reckon he would make a great selector.

As in; He was asked about whether he would keep picking him. Went through the usual analysis of his form dip, but also the need for youth but when prompted by BJ: 'Should he get a tap on the shoulder?'
straight out backed Ricky as a competitor who he doesn't think would linger on if he couldn't contribute and has the pedigree to win us test matches etc. Nice to hear a reasoned response other than seeing Merv oblivious to FC cricket.
MacGill would make a good anything tbf.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Collapses since Oct 2010.

- 122/7 against the Aussies at Mohali
- 65/6 vs NZ at Ahmedabad
- 71/6 vs SA at centurion
- 85/6 and 166/6 vs WI at Kingston
- 167/6 vs WI at Bridgetown
- 55/6 vs Eng at TB
- 111/7 vs Eng at Edgbaston
- 89/6 vs Eng at Edgbaston
- 137/6 vs Eng at The Oval
- 262-3 to 283 all out vs Eng at The Oval
- 154/7 vs WI at Delhi
- 189/6 vs WI at Mumbai
- 214-2 to 282 All out vs Aus at MCG
- 81/6 vs Aus at MCG
Seems like collapses are the norm of the day in indian as well as foreign pitches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hmm, the guy has three Test half-centuries. He's not a rabbit, and obviously there were some, er, other reasons behind the bouncing.

It's not like they're bouncing Chris Martin, or Shehzad trying to sniff Peter George last year, looking like a right knob.
I have no problems bouncing anyone. You have a bat and you go out in the middle - that's fair game. If you can't handle it, dont come out or move away from the stumps and give your wicket away.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach

straight out backed Ricky as a competitor who he doesn't think would linger on if he couldn't contribute and has the pedigree to win us test matches etc. Nice to hear a reasoned response other than seeing Merv oblivious to FC cricket or 'good mates' Nielsen.
Not sure what else he could have said tbh... I don't think apart from Warne anyone has been saying that Punt and Huss should leave.

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone on here give India any hope of saving the series now? I always knew we were going to roll over them, even after NZ beat us.

benchmark00

I have no problems bouncing anyone. You have a bat and you go out in the middle - that's fair game. If you can't handle it, dont come out or move away from the stumps and give your wicket away.
Same with sledging imo. Can't handle it, then don't come out.

pup11

International Coach
There have been plenty.
I'm talking about guys who have played with these two, of course there have been plenty of jealous **** who have been pulling these two down for a while now but apparently they have no suggestions as to who should replace them.

benchmark00

I'm talking about guys who have played with these two, of course there have been plenty of jealous **** who have been pulling these two down for a while now but apparently they have no suggestions as to who should replace them.
Wouldn't really call a bloke like Mark Taylor the jealous type...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Same with sledging imo. Can't handle it, then don't come out.
IF bouncers are all fine and dandy then why have a limit on the number of them you are allowed per over.

Why have rules against intimidation (even if they hardly ever get enforced because even one bouncer could be argued is a form of intimidation)

Don't get me started on sledging.

benchmark00

IF bouncers are all fine and dandy then why have a limit on the number of them you are allowed per over.

Why have rules against intimidation (even if they hardly ever get enforced because even one bouncer could be argued is a form of intimidation)

Don't get me started on sledging.
Because it's negative bowling.

Redbacks

International Captain
Not sure what else he could have said tbh... I don't think apart from Warne anyone has been saying that Punt and Huss should leave.
'Dumb cricket from Hughes, that's a dumb shot from a from a test cricketer, That's a ridiculous shot etc. etc. ad nauseam'

What next, his Grandma could have done better. Nope, **** off Geoff tell us what the technical problems are because Hughes was a jet before he got to the top level and needs to work on his game rather than assume his 'dumb' technique helped him smack 5 FC hundreds in a season. A bit of a **** sometimes IMO.