• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

smash84

The Tiger King
the English will make the mistakes this time around :ph34r:

itbt I can't see us getting past 300 too many times

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Multan? I thought you were in the UK mate.:ph34r: I can't stand anything above 20 never mind 40.
All my relatives are in Multan (don't have any relatives in the UK), and we visit nearly every year during the summers. Bloody hot down there, especially when you just get in a car before the AC has cooled it down.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
All my relatives are in Multan (don't have any relatives in the UK), and we visit every year during the summers. Bloody hot down there, especially when you just get in a car before the AC has cooled it down.
Yes I was just looking at the average temps throughout the year, bloody 42 in June that's nuts. Man I could just imagine jumping into a car with a leather interior over there, you'd stick to it, literally.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
:laugh: At least it never gets to be 50. Just asked my cousin if they ever play matches in Multan in the summer and he said that maybe at the domestic level for short games or in the evenings, but at International level they wouldn't even dream of it. So hot that no one would survive an ODI, let alone a test match.

Jacknife

International Captain
That's the average though, so I bet there is days where it could potentially be up around that 50 mark,

Furball

Evil Scotsman
:laugh: At least it never gets to be 50. Just asked my cousin if they ever play matches in Multan in the summer and he said that maybe at the domestic level for short games or in the evenings, but at International level they wouldn't even dream of it. So hot that no one would survive an ODI, let alone a test match.
Was the Asia Cup in 2008 not played at a really stupid time of year?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah it was played in June, but only two venues were used, Lahore and Karachi. Karachi is next to the sea so I think that would be OK, but Lahore is still pretty hot in the summers.

smash84

The Tiger King
Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
All my relatives are in Multan (don't have any relatives in the UK), and we visit nearly every year during the summers. Bloody hot down there, especially when you just get in a car before the AC has cooled it down.
You see where your travel plans are going wrong there, don't you? :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lol, yeah, but someone in the family always has exams in January so can't go in the winter holidays.
I visit that city quite often as I buy yarn from couple of factories in Multan.May be we can have CW Pakistan meet up in Multan. Smali you are also invited, a visit to Multan is incomplete without a savli salooni see mehbooba:ph34r:

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I visit that city quite often as I buy yarn from couple of factories in Multan.May be we can have CW Pakistan meet up in Multan. Smali you are also invited, a visit to Multan is incomplete without a savli salooni see mehbooba:ph34r:
Was that filmed in Multan or something?

Yeah I'll let you know when I'm in Multan next. Where are you normally based in Pakistan?

Edit: Was just listening to the song and it mentioned Multan :laugh:

Beleg

International Regular
i was born and grew up in multan

they played a test against bangladesh in august. learnt their lesson. and it does get to fifty in may/june. mebbe not in the shade, and not as often as is claimed but it's immaterial.

edit: a meetup in multan is incomplete without trying some proper 'pappu kay tikkay' :P

Last edited: