• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No idea why Hughes is walking off like that, always looked like a fair catch.

Anyway that was exhausting, think I need to go and lie down.

Spark

Global Moderator
SEVEN reviews in that session. 4 in SA innings - 3 successful for us, 1 failed for SA. Then in this innings we've had a failure to each side and a ump's referral.

Insanity.

Woodster

International Captain
12 wickets in a session is ridiculous! There is something in the pitch, but 12 wickets ? Didn't want to say it was down to poor batting, and I'm still relenting in doing so, but I cannot accept this pitch warrants 12 wickets being lost on it in a single session. Maybe it's just one of those outrageous passages of play that Test cricket sometimes throws up, but you always expect a gritty partnership somewhere along the line.

Spark

Global Moderator
12 wickets in a session is ridiculous! There is something in the pitch, but 12 wickets ? Didn't want to say it was down to poor batting, and I'm still relenting in doing so, but I cannot accept this pitch warrants 12 wickets being lost on it in a single session. Maybe it's just one of those outrageous passages of play that Test cricket sometimes throws up, but you always expect a gritty partnership somewhere along the line.
A mix tbh, in most cases.

Woodster

International Captain
SEVEN reviews in that session. 4 in SA innings - 3 successful for us, 1 failed for SA. Then in this innings we've had a failure to each side and a ump's referral.

Insanity.
Yes Billy's earned his tea after that session. He'll have loved being the main performer in that session.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Realistically, still too much for SA to do, but what a mental game so far. Thank the stars it's tea, need to pop out for a bit.

I don't think there's much more to be said for the DRS, decisions overturned left, right & centre and none of them have even the slightest tinge of controversy but the best part is you can't even say the umpires have been poor really. Excellent demo of exactly what it's meant to be.

Someone (actually a bunch of people) at CSA should be skinned for treating this series as an afterthought. That SA are always undercooked for the game is now so common, it's not even funny any more.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
As a matter of selection, do you think the batsmen should be given a reprieve after the abysmal scores? Do you let this Test match slide as a one-off or what?

Sylvester

State Captain
Looks like we will be lucky to get 300 but I wouldn't feel safe with that. Asking a heck of a lot for Watson and Harris to repeat their feat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As a matter of selection, do you think the batsmen should be given a reprieve after the abysmal scores? Do you let this Test match slide as a one-off or what?
Well I don't think anyone should be on the chopping block as a direct result on this game anyway, bar possibly Ponting who we all know will be given the series (at the very least).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From what i've watched it doesn't seem to be that bad a pitch. Watson bowled straight and people missed etc. Is that a fair reflection?
Not really, Watson moved it around a bit. Generally just bowling straight doesn't lend itself to a large number of batsmen simply missing the ball.

Ruckus

International Captain
Wow, what a session.

Hughes still aint good enough outside off stump against a decent attack.
As much as I think Hughes has his weaknesses, I don't now why he is being targeted here... as Spark said 17 of 23 completed innings so far have been single figures.

Last edited: