• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, interesting quote from Cricinfo:

"Man, it doesn't matter where you come in to bat, the score is still zero." - The hilarious welcome Viv Richards gave Sunil Gavaskar, who dropped himself to No. 4 to escape the fury of the West Indies quicks, only to walk out at 0 for 2 after Malcolm Marshall had removed Gaekwad and Vengsarkar for blobs. It's fair to say things have changed since that day in Chennai, back in 1983. The balance has shifted drastically, this time the Indian batsmen will be the bullies. The closest you will come to seeing a real West Indian quick is in the home broadcaster's studio, where Courtney Walsh, the last of the Mohicans, is one of the panelists.

Flem274*

123/5
That quote sounds like "Mission Total Annihilation" or whatever it was they were touting when we toured.

Yeah, Chris Martin certainly gave them some on the flattest pitch I've ever seen. Centuries from McCullum, McIntosh, Ryder and Williamson in that series as well if I remember rightly, and I do.

Flem274*

123/5
The West Indies have a bloody good attack these days tbh. The quote is a load of ****. Would pay to see the Indian batsmen facing any four of Edwards, Taylor, Rampaul, Roach and Sammy on a grassy pitch.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Chris Martin aside, the rest of the stuff was expected. Ahemdabad (first hour aside) + Hydrabad = utter roads.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointed at India losing the toss, Tom is a Sunday so I could afford to stay up late =(

Daemon

Ah well, at least they went with the duder who had the better FC record.

Love the anticipation right before the start of a series :p

Daemon

No speed guns..? Streaky start by the Windies.

Yadav needs to pitch it further up and closer to the line of offstump.

Daemon

He's desperately trying to pitch it up now but it's way too wide. Very little carry as well.

Burgey

Wtf are these commentators saying it makes a difference whether he was playing a shot? Ball pitched in line and struck him in line.

****s get paid for this ****? Fmd.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Ojha gets 2. Edwards, the man in form departs. Although I fear Chanderpaul will make us toil on this pitch