• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

BlazeDragon

Banned
So let me get this straight, 2 teams who are not even in the same teir gets 6 Tests and 10 ODIs in space of just 4 months while a series the caliber of Australia vs South Africa gets only 2 Tests and 3 ODIs?

Absolute Bull****. I can't see WI winning anything here but it would be great if they do though.

shankar

International Debutant
Kohli looked all at sea in the Windies and the caribbean tracks aren't renowned for being too quick or bouncy nowadays.
The pitches in that WI series (especially the first 2 matches) were seaming around with appreciable bounce. Those pitches were much more bowler friendly than the ones in the England series for example. That's not to say that Kohli's shortcomings that series can be overlooked of course.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So let me get this straight, 2 teams who are not even in the same teir gets 6 Tests and 10 ODIs in space of just 4 months while a series the caliber of Australia vs South Africa gets only 2 Tests and 3 ODIs?

Absolute Bull****. I can't see WI winning anything here but it would be great if they do though.
Why is it a bad thing that teams are playing lots of Test cricket?

BlazeDragon

Banned
Why is it a bad thing that teams are playing lots of Test cricket?
Because they are 2 teams who are not even in the same level and just played a long series a couple of months ago. What's the fun in test cricket if we already know who will end up winning? There are lots more competitive series that doesn't get this many matches.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No, you dolt. You just don't get it, not that I'm surprised.

It's not a zero sum game. Think about it. The 6 Tests that India and the West Indies are playing are not at the expense of Tests that could have been played between Australia and South Africa instead.

BlazeDragon

Banned
You don't get what I'm complaining about then. Its the crap FTP that makes 6 tests between India vs WI and 2 tests between Aus vs SA.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You don't get what I'm complaining about then. Its the crap FTP that makes 6 tests between India vs WI and 2 tests between Aus vs SA.
Except the Australia v South Africa series is outwith the FTP. That's an extra series that the boards have decided to schedule off their own backs.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I think you need to go and actually research this topic before making any more posts about it.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executives’ Committee(CEC) on Wednesday made excellent progress towards finalising the Future Tours Programme (FTP) Test and ODI league schedules and began the process of drawing up rules, regulations and a points system for the leagues.
Right back at ya. The CEC makes the FTP.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
When I think of a Sammy led West Indies side touring India at this time, I just cant help going back to the 1960-61 tour of the West Indies by India.

Before that series, the two countries had played 3 series of 5 Tests each. The results had been

- Played : 15
- Windies won : 4
- Drawn : 11

The Indian side were not devoid of stars. At home players like Contractor, Umrigar, Manjrekar, Borde, Pataudi and Durrani were big stars.

Windies won that series 5-0

Before the series starting tomorrow, the results of the last 3 series have been

Played : 10
India : 4
Drawn : 6

The West Indies side looks much weaker than that Indian side and may well have lost three nil if the Indian bowling had not lost its spear head. They still might . . .

How the balance has changed !

I do not have any interest in the series except to see how good are the young Indian fast bowlers. Of course, there is the minor matter of SRRT's hundred and one would like to be watching that when it happens. Otherwise, I really do not see how I will force myself to watch all the games all the time . . . and this when the one thing I have in plenty is free time.

I do hope the West Indies put up a great fight and make India struggle to revive my interest :-(

Last edited: