• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, people just complain about the FTP because they are Anti-India.
Okay, let me spell this out for you since you clearly can't be bothered actually researching it yourself.

1. The FTP does not decide how long each series is (which was the source of most of your gripe); that's up to the individual boards to work out. The FTP merely decides how often you must have a series against a certain opposition (at minimum). It aims to have everyone playing each other home and away once (at least) within a given time frame.

2. The reason Australia and South Africa are having a short series is the fact the respective boards are dire squabbling entities who can't agree on a compromise over what to do about the conflicting Boxing Day and New Years timeslots. That has nothing to do with the FTP at all; if you're annoyed about the length of that series then you should take up your gripe with CSA and/or CA.

3. No-one accused you of any bias here; merely dire ignorance, so take your victim mentality elsewhere please.

4. I fail to see what the India-England series has to do with anything.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It was also initially planned to be a three test series in the FTP, before the two concerned boards culled it to two on account of time constraints. The CLT20 is not an ICC sanctioned event.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Kohli and Yuvraj should both be in at the expense of VVS for this series, Yuvraj deserves his chance and Kohli is a great player of the future, for the Australia tour I would say whoever performs better out of Virat and Yuvi would be at number 6 as we need VVS in Australia with his record against them and his ability to play bounce!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kohli and Yuvraj should both be in at the expense of VVS for this series, Yuvraj deserves his chance and Kohli is a great player of the future, for the Australia tour I would say whoever performs better out of Virat and Yuvi would be at number 6 as we need VVS in Australia with his record against them and his ability to play bounce!
Fantastic idea. Resting players from the last series in the West Indies worked out brilliantly, so the BCCI should definitely continue with such a proven, sensible program.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Fantastic idea. Resting players from the last series in the West Indies worked out brilliantly, so the BCCI should definitely continue with such a proven, sensible program.
Not really resting players because we must play our big guns and look to win this series easily but we do need to see who is the stronger player at the moment out of Virat and Yuvi, and you could easily make a case for both of them in Test Cricket long term.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Erm leaving out a fit player for a far weaker player is resting, and I could easily make a case against those 2, especially for a tour of Australia.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Erm leaving out a fit player for a far weaker player is resting, and I could easily make a case against those 2, especially for a tour of Australia.
Yes that is the point we could make a case for and against both of them! both need a chance to prove their form ahead of one of the toughest tours in Cricket!

Yeah you can term it as resting but it is only one player not a vast amount of the team, so hardly likely to have any impact at all against a team like the West Indies to be fair.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, and leaving half the team out of the last Windies series was proven to be such a great move when players lacking match practice came to England wasn't it?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've gone for Kohli, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Rahane is capable of too. There comes a time when picking the young bloke is the right thing to do.

Everyone else in the top 7 are now over 30 years old, so I would be going for the younger batsman instead of the batsman who hasn't set the world on fire in his 35 Test match career. I realize Yuvraj is under 30 btw.

Kohli_fan

Banned
Yes, and leaving half the team out of the last Windies series was proven to be such a great move when players lacking match practice came to England wasn't it?
Leaving half the team out in the West Indies, was an understandable move, although not one that worked and if you look at my comment it is not what I am advocating!!

I said we are right to play pretty much our best team against the Windies but we can afford just to rest Laxman to see who should be right for the number 6 spot.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gonna lol so hard if Rahul Sharma gets a game. Or Yuvraj. Having to see more of Ashwin is never a good thing.
Don't get why Vinay Kumar or Joginder Sharma didn't get a gig ahead of a few of those selected if they're insisting on dropping Praveen.
Still no Badri makes me a sad panda.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gonna lol so hard if Rahul Sharma gets a game. Or Yuvraj. Having to see more of Ashwin is never a good thing.
Don't get why Vinay Kumar or Joginder Sharma didn't get a gig ahead of a few of those selected if they're insisting on dropping Praveen.
Still no Badri makes me a sad panda.
Knowing Duncan Fletcher though, he probably ruled out those as they weren't quick enough. Which is fine if the quicker alternatives were actually good, but they aren't.

Badri's simply too old to play again - Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Sharma, Raina, etc. are preferred due to the fact that they're all under 25.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly gonna be interesting to see how some of our bowlers go. Particularly interested in Ashwin, especially with Ojha blocking up one end Ashwin could really attack.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
No, it wasn't. It made no sense at the time and makes no sense now.
Yeah it was a pretty ridiculous move.
If the players wanted some rest they could've just skipped IPL or just the ODIs against West Indies instead of resting for the whole tour...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Funny how auditioning in domestic cricket leads to being picked in the IPL and being ignored for the Test/ODI side while auditioning in the IPL leads to national colours.

****ed up system tstl.