• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your Top 20 Bowlers of the modern era

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
To me it's also silly to suggest that being dubbed "God" of cricket eases the pressure rather than raising it. But again, that's inconsequential. I give no extra point to Tendulkar for having born in India and therefore having to deal with laughable levels of adulation and criticism.
That's because people tend to worship Gods - even if those Gods don't do anything to deserve that worship. GS and Blaze's points are different. Blaze, in particular is arguing that the adulation far far outweighs any criticism he gets. I'd agree. The idea that Tendulkar, by virtue of being so popular, is under so much pressure (comparatively more than other cricketers) doesn't exist in any real form. There's more to arguing that he is loved far more than any other cricketer, rather than critiqued. I have not seen him be held to higher standards on a cricket pitch than other greats.

You've essentially dismissed the pressure argument in all facets against all opponents. That's fine, I disagree but whatever. I, personally, have not dismissed the chance of this kind of pressure existing for a player - I mean, extreme criticism and hence pressure on performances as a result. For Tendulkar, I just don't think it exists. If Tendulkar DID get mass hysteria due to a few bad Tests (due to this incredible number of Indian cricket fans) I too would admit that this pressure is real. That because of the incredible attention he is also being criticised far more than others and that should be taken into account.

But I find the argument that he is on a whole other level of pressure laughable. He is the most adored cricketer in the world due to the sheer population of his countrymen. Every time he is at the crease they are willing him to score centuries. Some fringe cricket fans may stone his house but this does not even come close to refuting this adulation if not worship of the guy.

Ironically, that's one thing I admire about Tendulkar. That he doesn't let the adulation get to his head. This is even more admirable since he has been a pin up since he was a teen. He has pushed to a level of success that few can dream about.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
"So two bad tests for Sachin %26 all doubting his for, retirement & commitment to the team. And cheat media like this one is cashing in. Be patient enough to understand great players. Dravid's 2010 record was horrible, bu now he is turning it around, so will it be for Sachin"

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought i'd post a few comments-
Sachin is like Yeddiyurappa. Doesn't realise he is past his sell by date. Fevicol ka jhod hai!
Haha......both are cheats and free loaders!
I told u earlier he is an old aged senior player his reflexes are not working at this stage of age ,secondly concentration in business is automatically is a divergence from game the selection committee should understand this fact and ask him to come out ,retire so that other should show his worth like yuvraj now.
At last, reality shines through. Sachin has never played for anything but his records and never will. Now, all his sins are catching up with him and he is exposed. At least this time he has run out of excuses, no viral fever, no injury, nothing. Dravid, as usual is delivering the goods quietly away from the limelight but the limelight seems to find him always! Well done, Dravid...you really are India's backbone in batting...unlike the over-hyped, under-performing Sachin.

Fact is Tendulkar is too old to play these young fast bowlers. He is an attacking batman, and needs fast reflexes which only youth can provide. On the other hand Dravid and Laxman are grafters, and have tons of patience. Therefore it would be best if Tendulkar retires from Test cricket after getting his 100 against Bangladesh, Kenya or Zimbabwe and stick to ODIs and T20s.
well said. sachin can retire right now and enjoy driving his new nissan at home town.this will another young man to get into the india 11. India cannot afford to have sachin iin the 11 just for him to enjoy playing cricket and also build up records
everything has a shelf life mate...n sachin's is over...understand the same or get a life loser
Hey, he is god,dont call him slow,he is very fast. You dont know how he played a fast one on Income tax by calling himself an "actor" and getting tax concessions? He can play fast ones!!!
LOL

To save Indian cricket from now on wards. the following actions to be taken 1. sack the coach immediately 2. send back sachin, gambhir, harbajan home immediately.they should be rested permanantly. Dhoni must be rested for another 6 months so that he can finish his ad engagements and come back to form. vvs laxman must be made as captain till shewag becomes fit.NASTY PERFORMANCE BY DHONI AND HARBAJAN TODAY. TO MAKE ALL THESE THINGS HAPPEN BCCI TO BE REVAMPED AND IT SHOULD COME OUT OF THE HANDS OF POLITICAL GAINTS.
TOI, please stop ranting and harping about Sachin's 100 international centuries. He may take a dozen more tests to make it, and it may happen against a weaker test side and that too, not abroad, but in home conditions. Sachin is history now, only a shadow of himself.
he can score only in the batting pitches. if they (eng)prepare any batting track he will score. or else india should invite ireland or bangaldesh for 6 test series.
He had fever earlier this week. He should have asked to fully recover before embarking on his relentless quest for yet another milestone. India is a screwed up country which cannot grow out of Gandhi family or Tendulkar. Both are selfish entities with a strong media support and are known cheats. Jago India, throw these two out of power.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Hey bro I can also post thousands of comments from Indians saying how Sachin is the invincible god of cricket that all cricketers should touch the feet of.

It doesn't mater if some Indians criticize him because they are and will remain part of the minority.

Last edited:

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
best 10 pace bowlers

from 1990 to 2010

1) Wasim Akram
2) Curtley Ambrose
3) Glenn Mcgrath
4) Waqar Younis
5) Allan Donald
6) Shaun Pollock
7) Brett Lee