• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - India in West Indies

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
From my observation, he's a very athletic guy but I'm not sure if he's making the best use of his run-up. He runs in hard but there isn't a gradual build-up of momentum as you'd expect. Neither is the gather and transfer of energy through the delivery stride. In the end, he just ends up muscling it down and that's perhaps the reason why he is slower than he looks to be. Still 85 mph or so is nothing to be scoffed at.
That's the same issue with almost all West Indian pacers. :)

And Martin, WAG. Hope for WI Cricket yet.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Although Junior Bravo hasn't exactly set the world on fire lately he needs to be persisted with. Seems to be lacking some cricketing brains at the moment, as shown by his dismissal last night, but I can definitely see him averaging in the high 40s in the not too distant future. He doesn't have any glaring technical difficulties and was playing spin with ease yesterday until he decided to spoon a catch up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just heard Martin's presser.

That was worthy of rivalling Ajmal's from last year.

Awesome stuff.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Haven't watched much of this series but quite disappointed with Badri's struggle. Think he might have just shot himself with his struggle after the bright start in the T20s. Still hope he is given a chance in the test series. A failure there though might sound the death knell for him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He really only struggled last match tbh.

Before that he was looking decent before he got out.

Dissector

International Debutant
So what is the likely lineup in the tests? If Vijay and Mukund open with Dravid and Laxman in the middle order, there are two spots for Kohli, Badrinath and Raina. It's possible that Dravid could be asked to open instead of Mukund allowing all three to be picked. And of course given his recent form, Dravid could be omitted altogether though I doubt they would risk having a lineup with 5 inexperienced batsmen.

It's a real pity Pujara is injured; this could have been a really useful series in his development.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mukund and Vijay will open.

Dravid opening ruined his form one time and i doubt he will do it again and Mukund deserves a chance.

So 2 slots left between Kohli,Badri and Raina. Personally i would pick Badri and Kohli but Raina won't be a bad pick at all on such pitches.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
He really only struggled last match tbh.

Before that he was looking decent before he got out.
Hmm haven't seen any of the games and from the scorecard it seems like he has kind of struggled to score runs in the whole series. Could be wrong.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Mukund and Vijay will open.

Dravid opening ruined his form one time and i doubt he will do it again and Mukund deserves a chance.

So 2 slots left between Kohli,Badri and Raina. Personally i would pick Badri and Kohli but Raina won't be a bad pick at all on such pitches.
Plus this Indian squad is just about the most meager in terms of part timer bowling resources. No Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvraj(or before that Ganguly). Worth a thought to play a fifth bowler who can bat a bit(choices arent great either) or ?

Under the circumstances Raina edges out Badri.He isn't a better bat, but the role is different.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Plus this Indian squad is just about the most meager in terms of part timer bowling resources. No Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvraj(or before that Ganguly). Worth a thought to play a fifth bowler who can bat a bit(choices arent great either) or ?

Under the circumstances Raina edges out Badri.He isn't a better bat, but the role is different.
I don't see why Raina's part time off spin should be considered > Badri's part time offspin, tbh... esp. in a test match situation.

Bun

Banned
I don't see why Raina's part time off spin should be considered > Badri's part time offspin, tbh... esp. in a test match situation.
considering how many overs raina has senr in in odis as compared to badri, fair call that raina will get th nod, should it come to their bowling skills.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
considering how many overs raina has senr in in odis as compared to badri, fair call that raina will get th nod, should it come to their bowling skills.
This is an English speaking forum. Kindly read the rules

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WAFG Anthony Martin, great interview. Love that he's not just jovial but intense about what he does. Great stuff.

Didn't get to see the game, is he any good? haha

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, I'm yet to see any real evidence of momentum meaning anything between matches, let alone between series.

Reducing the series to a 3-2 defeat would go some way towards saving face, though. So there's something to that.
Well, scratch that now....
:unsure:
India in West Indies 2011: Barath, Rampaul return; still no room for Gayle | Cricket News | West Indies v India | ESPN Cricinfo

I thought the natural follow-up in order to get some momentum would be to include Gayle in the team for the final ODI in front of his Jamaican crowd, giving him some practice before his return to the side for the first Test at Sabina Park.

Well done, WICB, you've now ensured that there will be little or no crowds for the final ODI and the first Test, which is stupidly being played from Monday-Friday when there are no public holidays. Jamaica's holiday system is now modelled on the US system, not the British, so most working folks only have two weeks a year, and how many of them are going to take time off from work to see a WI side sans Gayle? In addition, it's in the middle of the school exams, so working people are going to save their hols for the summer holidays. It makes no sense in playing this first Test during the week, and not over a weekend....
8-)

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Well, scratch that now....
:unsure:
India in West Indies 2011: Barath, Rampaul return; still no room for Gayle | Cricket News | West Indies v India | ESPN Cricinfo

I thought the natural follow-up in order to get some momentum would be to include Gayle in the team for the final ODI in front of his Jamaican crowd, giving him some practice before his return to the side for the first Test at Sabina Park.

Well done, WICB, you've now ensured that there will be little or no crowds for the final ODI and the first Test, which is stupidly being played from Monday-Friday when there are no public holidays. Jamaica's holiday system is now modelled on the US system, not the British, so most working folks only have two weeks a year, and how many of them are going to take time off from work to see a WI side sans Gayle? In addition, it's in the middle of the school exams, so working people are going to save their hols for the summer holidays. It makes no sense in playing this first Test during the week, and not over a weekend....
8-)
I may remember incorrectly but I don't think Windies had to much of a choice in scheduling