• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
I doubt if Wasim will take the job.Even if he wants to.He got enough stick for helping out Irfan Pathan and i don't see him taking up the job officially.
Yeah he came under a lot of fire when he taught Irfan Pathan to bring the ball into the right hander so he probably would desist from it officially.

I hope we can get one of Brian Lara/Shane Warne/Wasim Akram to coach us.
Wasim for one would love to get the job i am sure. The guy loves being in India. Apparently he does have a good fan base there (I am guessing) and he gets **** loads of money that he probably won't be able to make a fraction of in case he was associated with cricket in Pakistan. As Salman points out though, he would come under fire from home for doing that. Incidentally I do think that Wasim would be able to do a great job with India's pacers. The kind of job that Waqar is doing with the Pakistani pacers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he came under a lot of fire when he taught Irfan Pathan to bring the ball into the right hander so he probably would desist from it officially.

Wasim for one would love to get the job i am sure. The guy loves being in India. Apparently he does have a good fan base there (I am guessing) and he gets **** loads of money that he probably won't be able to make a fraction of in case he was associated with cricket in Pakistan. As Salman points out though, he would come under fire from home for doing that. Incidentally I do think that Wasim would be able to do a great job with India's pacers. The kind of job that Waqar is doing with the Pakistani pacers.
?

smash84

The Tiger King
what i meant to say there is that even though he would love to land the indian coaching job he would still stay away from it because it might earn him a lot of flak back home

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Long run i.e. 8-10 years. The guy only retired from intl cricket 30 months, and was playing IPL cricket less than 12 months ago.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Just saying he might well be good if he takes up the job. Would be a welcome move to the squad and the job would be easier when he is managing players who he has already played international cricket with.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon that makes it worse. Dhoni has captained the guy, and now that same guy is going to be coach?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Plus if Ganguly was coach I could not handle Calcutta if he came under criticism. The Ganguly fans would be so sensitive it'd be awful.

Edit: Obviously not the whole city, but the loud protesting ones.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Any chance that if India go through we can sneak Praveen Kumar back into the team for the final 2 matches?

Is he still injured?

Has been a big big loss.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hey, look at that, Ganguly splitting opinion.

Praveen has been ruled out of the initial squad through injury, so he can only come back in if someone else is injured.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hey, look at that, Ganguly splitting opinion.

Praveen has been ruled out of the initial squad through injury, so he can only come back in if someone else is injured.
We can always drop Sreesanth based on "mental problems / injury".:ph34r: