• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

deeps

International 12th Man
Munaf Patel doesn't at all look like he is going to get a wicket. India really need to bring in either Nehra or Sreesanth against Pakistan

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Annoying that Harbhajan has gone back into his defensive bowling shell. Thought he was bowling very well in the SA Tests and the first 3 ODIs, but he has regressed since then. I don't know why he kept coming around the wicket to Ponting.

R_D

International Debutant
Annoying that Harbhajan has gone back into his defensive bowling shell. Thought he was bowling very well in the SA Tests and the first 3 ODIs, but he has regressed since then. I don't know why he kept coming around the wicket to Ponting.
Yeah its frustrating watching our premier spinner darting the balls in. He's so defensive, just doesn't want to give away runs.

Daemon

Guess there are two ways to look at it, one is yours, the other is the mentality that India want to bowl as tightly as possible without giving too many runs, and depend on the batting to see us home. Because if our 2nd best bowler goes for runs then theres not much of hope for India imo.

smash84

The Tiger King
Guess there are two ways to look at it, one is yours, the other is the mentality that India want to bowl as tightly as possible without giving too many runs, and depend on the batting to see us home. Because if our 2nd best bowler goes for runs then theres not much of hope for India imo.
I'd go with R-D here. The thing is that when you have the ability to take wickets like bhajji does then by taking wickets you automatically slow the run rate down and put pressure on the opposition. By bowling defensively while you may stop runs from your end the wickets in hand for the opposition means that it is much more likely that your other bowlers will be totally creamed

Daemon

I'd go with R-D here. The thing is that when you have the ability to take wickets like bhajji does then by taking wickets you automatically slow the run rate down and put pressure on the opposition. By bowling defensively while you may stop runs from your end the wickets in hand for the opposition means that it is much more likely that your other bowlers will be totally creamed
Agreed but maybe India want to play it safe? I can't really make up my mind on this tbh, I don't mind either tactic.

smash84

The Tiger King
Agreed but maybe India want to play it safe? I can't really make up my mind on this tbh, I don't mind either tactic.
yeah but playing it safe is not exactly playing it safe as RT points out. I would agree. All the best captains in cricket history want their best bowlers attack. Bhajji looks much more threatening when he is flighting the ball tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah but playing it safe is not exactly playing it safe as RT points out. I would agree. All the best captains in cricket history want their best bowlers attack. Bhajji looks much more threatening when he is flighting the ball tbh.
Plus Ashwin is already playing the role of the defensive spinner.. We need Bhajji to attack the batsmen in the middle overs.. And against Pak, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be collared.. He always has been toothless against Pak.
:(

smash84

The Tiger King
Plus Ashwin is already playing the role of the defensive spinner.. We need Bhajji to attack the batsmen in the middle overs.. And against Pak, you can bet your bottom dollar that he will be collared.. He always has been toothless against Pak.
:(
I hope he doesn't suddenly find his teeth.

During the past decade the Dhoni-Yuvraj pair has been a real pain in the ass for us :@......

Once the two of them get together against Pakistan they seem stuck to the crease

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah possibly true...
It's frustrating because other than Zaheer, Bhajji is the only genuine wicket taking threat India have ( no disrespect to Yuvi the legend :happy:)...

Like someone else said before.. After the South Africa series I thought Bhajji was going to rip it in this world cup but he's gone back to his old style :(

R_D

International Debutant
I hope he doesn't suddenly find his teeth.

During the past decade the Dhoni-Yuvraj pair has been a real pain in the ass for us :@......

Once the two of them get together against Pakistan they seem stuck to the crease
Hopefully Pakistan bring Dhoni back in form as well :p
He's been woeful in this world cup.

On second thought hopefully Dhoni won't be needed:cool:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni has wasted himself down the order this tournament to accomodate others.

Personally i would play Pathan instead of Kohli in the SF against Pakistan if the pitch is on the flatter side i.e above 300 wicket.
Pakistan is almost the perfect team for Dhoni to come in at 4 and for Pathan to smash the spinners .

smash84

The Tiger King
I think Pak should play Ajmal against India and keep AR out. Akhtar should be back in place of Riaz.

Ajmal has only played 3 matches against India though. Has been decent in them.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ajmal reminds me a bit of Saqlain. Saqlain used to be very good against India considering that he was a spinner. I hope Ajmal can bowl like him.

Daemon

I so badly want to see Akhtar running in to bowl at Sachin. Riaz can **** off imo :laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni has wasted himself down the order this tournament to accomodate others.

Personally i would play Pathan instead of Kohli in the SF against Pakistan if the pitch is on the flatter side i.e above 300 wicket.
Pakistan is almost the perfect team for Dhoni to come in at 4 and for Pathan to smash the spinners .
This.

Yuvi at 4 and Dhoni at 5 would be ideal. Dhoni's batting is the price we are paying for accommodating both Gambhir and Kohli, both play a very similar role in the team.