• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarterfinal Scenarios

Blaze 18

Banned
So, it looks like South Africa will top the group.

South Africa vs Pakistan
India vs New Zealand
Sri Lanka vs England
Australia vs West Indies

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man

South Africa vs Pakistan
India vs New Zealand
Sri Lanka vs England
Australia vs West Indies
PREDICTIONS

Group B
South Africa winning both their upcoming matches (Bangladesh and Ireland) 10 points.
West Indies winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (England and India) 8 points.
India losing their next match (West Indies) 7 points
England winning their next match (West Indies) 7 points

Group A
Australia winning all their upcoming matches (Kenya, Canada and Pakistan) 11 points.
Sri Lanka winning their next match (New Zealand) 9 points
New Zealand winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (Canada and Sri Lanka) 8 points.
Pakistan winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (Zimbabwe and Australia) 8 points.

Based on those quarter finals will be -

England vs. Australia ---> Australia
West Indies vs. New Zealand ---> West Indies
India vs. Sri Lanka ---> Sri Lanka
South Africa vs. Pakistan ---> South Africa

Semi Finals

Australia vs. West Indies --> Australia
Sri Lanka vs. South Africa --> Sri Lanka

Finals
Australia vs. Sri Lanka

Winner
Sri Lanka

Last edited:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man

South Africa vs Pakistan
India vs New Zealand
Sri Lanka vs England
Australia vs West Indies
PREDICTIONS

Group B
South Africa winning both their upcoming matches (Bangladesh and Ireland) 10 points.
West Indies winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (England and India) 8 points.
India losing their next match (West Indies) 7 points
England winning their next match (West Indies) 7 points

Group A
Australia winning all their upcoming matches (Kenya, Canada and Pakistan) 11 points.
Sri Lanka winning their next match (New Zealand) 9 points
New Zealand winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (Canada and Sri Lanka) 8 points.
Pakistan winning atleast one of their upcoming matches (Zimbabwe and Australia) 8 points.

Based on those quarter finals will be -

England vs. Australia ---> Australia
West Indies vs. New Zealand ---> West Indies
India vs. Sri Lanka ---> Sri Lanka
South Africa vs. Pakistan ---> South Africa

Semi Finals

Australia vs. West Indies --> Australia
Sri Lanka vs. South Africa --> Sri Lanka

Finals
Australia vs. Sri Lanka

Winner
Sri Lanka

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else get the feeling the both NZ & England would be absolutely stoked to play each other in the quarters :cool:

Mikey29

Banned
Alot depends on West Indies Matches between England and India.
My Guess tho:

South Africa
India
West Indies
Eng

Aus
Sri Lanka
Nz
Pak

SA-PAK - SA
INDIA-NZ- INDIA
WI-LANKA - WI (they will surprise)
ENG-AUS - AUS

India v Aus
WI v South Africa

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant

South Africa vs Pakistan
India vs New Zealand
Sri Lanka vs England
Australia vs West Indies
That looks very likely now.

Though if India and Pakistan both win their matches,do they meet in the semis?

Blaze 18

Banned

Australia vs West Indies - Q1
Sri Lanka vs England - Q2
New Zealand vs India - Q3
South Africa vs Pakistan - Q4

The first semi-final will be between the winner of Q1 and the winner of Q3; the second will be between the winner of Q2 and the winner of Q4. In other words, no. :p

Howe_zat

Audio File

Not in that scenario, no. The semi finals are:

(A1 v B4) plays (B2 v A3)

and

(B1 v A4) plays (A2 v B3)

So if India finsh second and Pakistan fourth, they will avoid eachother before the final. If Pakistan end up 4th but India go on to lose to the West Indies, they could well play Pakistan in the semis.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Most are picking SL over NZ and AUS over PAK. Just for fun, if they both go the other way group A will probably end up like this:

New Zealand
Pakistan
Australia
Sri Lanka

Of course, the same sort of things can happen in Group B.....

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
You know India might lose the match against WI on purpose so that they can play their QF game in Ahemdabad, India. I don't think they want to go to Dhaka for QF. If they win that QF game, they will play semis in Mohali, Punjab, India.

Otherwise they will play knockout stages outside of India, which might not be good idea. They need the fans support.

Last edited:

SpeedBall

Cricket Spectator
You know India might lose the match against WI on purpose so that they can play their QF game in Ahemdabad, India. I don't think they want to go to Dhaka for QF. If they win that QF game, they will play semis in Mohali, Punjab, India.

Otherwise they will play knockout stages outside of India, which might not be good idea. They need the fans support.
why do you have to speak rubbish? India will play its QF (and even Semi if they make it) in India no matter where they stand in the group. first read about the rules before you "think" of such idiotic scenarios...
and btw even if your logic worked then SA and Netherlands will try and lose to Bangladesh
and WI will lose by big margin to England so that India is out of the tournament...

and now I hope you realized you were an idiot

Blaze 18

Banned

India will play all their knockout matches in India regardless of who they face and where they end up in the points table.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
why do you have to speak rubbish? India will play its QF (and even Semi if they make it) in India no matter where they stand in the group. first read about the rules before you "think" of such idiotic scenarios...
and btw even if your logic worked then SA and Netherlands will try and lose to Bangladesh
and WI will lose by big margin to England so that India is out of the tournament...

and now I hope you realized you were an idiot
Dude...according to Wikipedia A3 vs B2 will happen in Dhaka if India is 2nd in Group B. Unless ofcourse the rules changed.

And why should I read the rules??? If the Indian captain doesn't read rules of cricket match then i surely don't need to read rules of where the matches will be held.

Last edited:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
India will play all their knockout matches in India regardless of who they face and where they end up in the points table.
So they changed the rules again?

Because on wiki.........

23 March 2011 (D/N)
Scorecard Group A1
v Group B4
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka

24 March 2011 (D/N)
Scorecard Group A2
v Group B3 (If India is #3 in Group B)
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

25 March 2011 (D/N)
Scorecard Group A3
v Group B2 (If India is #2 in Group B)
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka

26 March 2011 (D/N)
Scorecard Group A4
v Group B1
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

GGG

State Captain
Anyone else get the feeling the both NZ & England would be absolutely stoked to play each other in the quarters :cool:
I would be, can't remember the last time the bet us in a world cup game, sometime in the 70's at a guess. And TBH there is not one english player (that isn't injured) that I would swap for one of ours.

GGG

State Captain
NZ won't win against Srilanka.The lanks are a superior batting and bowling side than NZ,and sure NZ did manage to pull off a great win against Pakistan,i can't see them putting one over Srilanka.
M Guptil - 37.04 81.27
B McCullum - 29.24 88.86
J Ryder - 35.38 95.23
Taylor - 36.78 82.39
S Styris - 32.62 79.48
J Oram - 24.51 85.67

U Tharanga - 35.48 73.77
T Dilshan - 35.88 87.90
K Sangakkara - 37.60 75.64
M Jayawardene - 32.69 77.50
T Perera - 14.63 115.00
A Mathews - 32.21 84.01

Look pretty even to me, the only difference I see is Malinga.