• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

biased indian

International Coach
Well we have exactly enough players (officially anyway; there are a couple who registered their interest but haven't filled out a form yet) to fill four complete teams so far. In a dream world we'd fill all 14, but realistically I know we're not going to be able to, and that we'll need to use some fillers for the less popular nations. Probably would've wanted to be a little further ahead by this point but it's not bad so far as long as people keep joining closer to the World Cup.
if we fall short of players in associate's..... why cant we fill the places with real life players of the same country.. ?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand (so far)

1. Mike 5181 (RHB) and keeper
3. Hurricane (right hand bat)
4. NZT (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (RHB + Medium pace) You can open if you prefer
7. Somerset (Allrounder Right arm fast medium)
9. Voltman (right arm leg spin)
10. Heath (right arm fast)
11. Flem274* (leg break)[/QUOTE]

Put you at 7 Somers based on your batting points...

We need a keeper

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't think we should play people who didn't sign up unless we're sure they'd be interested in this tournament. Don't want anyone who doesn't want to be in to get included.

Spam around and get more sign ups imo.

Mike5181

International Captain
New Zealand (so far)

1. Mike 5181 (RHB)
3. Hurricane (right hand bat)
4. NZT (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (RHB + Medium pace) You can open if you prefer
7. Somerset (Allrounder Right arm fast medium)
9. Voltman (right arm leg spin)
10. Heath (right arm fast)
11. Flem274* (leg break)
Put you at 7 Somers based on your batting points...

We need a keeper[/QUOTE]

I am a keeper as well as an opener.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm in. And I've brought my keeping gloves.

1 Prince EWS
2 Ausage +
3 morgieb
4 Spark
8 Clapo
9 Nnanden
10 andyc
11 Noble One

Looks like we could use a few middle order bats. Assuming we can get 10 overs out of PEWS and morgieb which means we can have a genuine bat at 7.

Is it a bit of a problem that we have 2 "defensive" batsmen at the top of the order? 2x Clarke at the crease would be excruciating IRL.
I signed up for the Netherlands thinking Australia would be full. More than happy to sign up for Australia if ther aren't going to be enough spots.

Flem274*

123/5
Looking at our side so far, and if we follow the usual NZ world cup path, Mike will be our useless **** **** opener, Hurricane or NZT will carry the batting the whole tournament, Athers will show potential but do a hammy dropping the soap and piss off home. Heef will break down before the semis, Mike will drop catches off me and Volteh in the semi, and Somers will swing away to 75* (40) in a losing cause chasing at some point.

And me being a bunny with the bat will lose us at least three close games, but someone else (Athers) will be scapegoated.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How will the sims be shown here? Will we be able to follow them as they're played out, or will we have match reports?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Liking the Australian side. Australia has had a traditional strength at number three. Names like Bradman and Ponting. Not sure if this rich history will continue with the might of morgieb the next name on the list.
this saddens me greatly :(

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Team India so far (tentative):

1. Cevno
2. weldone
3. kingkallis
4. G.I.Joe
5. honestbharani (wk)
6. biased indian
8. Blaze 18
10. Shri
11. Daemon

Other candidates: vcs and Teja. (similar role as honestbharani)

One bowler at no. 9 is a must. If we don't get a batting allrounder at no. 7, then might include one between vcs and Teja.; in which case Cevno, biased indian and Joe will share the responsibility of the 5th bowler.

Last edited: