• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match Records that will never be broken !!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No Cevno, you've got this one wrong. Read my post again - I said if his final innings at the Oval was the start of the sequence - so 49 more ducks after that. Leaving him with an average of 58.78.

Try harder.
Then why did you say 120 innings ?

Bradman won't qualify if these are completed innings we are talking about.

And if you meant all innings then should have 129 inning.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Then why did you say 120 innings ?

Bradman won't qualify if these are completed innings we are talking about.

And if you meant all innings then should have 129 inning.
Because 49 more ducks after his final one would leave him having played 129 innings (with 10 not-outs) and have an average of 58.78. Thus, the highest Test average of anyone who had played more than 120 innings.

FMD, can't believe I'm having to do this.

Bun

Banned
How many ducks have to be scored consecutively so that Bradman's average to fall below that of Sachin? (I meant both have to keep on getting ducks)

I know it is lolworthy but just can't help it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Because 49 more ducks after his final one would leave him having played 129 innings (with 10 not-outs) and have an average of 58.78. Thus, the highest Test average of anyone who had played more than 120 innings.

Fair enough ,then.

I thought you were talking about completed innings.

Though don't know why are you being so selective.

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
The only really relevant part about all this to the original thread topic is that 50 test ducks in a row would actually be a really hard record to break.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How many ducks have to be scored consecutively so that Bradman's average to fall below that of Sachin? (I meant both have to keep on getting ducks)

I know it is lolworthy but just can't help it.
101 consecutive ducks for both and then both's average will be at 40.91.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What is interesting is that after adding 100 consecutive ducks to each ,don't think anyone Matches up to Sachin and Bradman who come very close to each other at around a average of 41 point 1 and 2 something.

Only really kallis comes close among those with the top averages in sufficient matches at around 38.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every ****ing thread in CC turns into a dire bloody maths thread. Oooohhh how cool!! If I play with numbers as often as I play with my own balls, I can make anything happen.

****ing terrible. Just import the maths thread in here. I blame SS and his acolytes, who are mistakenly of the view maths is:

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

If Chris Martin made 1* every innings, how many would it take for his average to surpass Bradman's? [Answer below]

Who gives a flying ****?

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No Cevno, you've got this one wrong. Read my post again - I said if his final innings at the Oval was the start of the sequence - so 49 more ducks after that. Leaving him with an average of 58.78.

Try harder.

There is something very nice about when someone rudely says 'you're wrong' and get owned. Well done Sean.

Every ****ing thread in CC turns into a dire bloody maths thread. Oooohhh how cool!! If I play with numbers as often as I play with my own balls, I can make anything happen.

****ing terrible. Just import the maths thread in here. I blame SS and his acolytes, who are mistakenly of the view maths is:

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

If Chris Martin made 1* every innings, how many would it take for his average to surpass Bradman's? [Answer below]

Who gives a flying ****?
:laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

Who gives a flying ****?
:laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, then can say Sobers had the record for highest average from 90+ test matches. Will be having the same weight when just the record is taken in to account.
Yeah, that's a record too. Sutcliffe and Sobers's high average records have a much greater chance of being beaten than Bradman's though; that's why Bradman's was being discussed in the thread.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

Who gives a flying ****?

Someone wasn't good at Maths in School. :ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

a. Interesting; and/ or
b. Cool.

Who gives a flying ****?
Haha!

One of the best posts I've seen in a while. And yes, this argument is ****ing stupid tstl.