• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where would you bat Ponting ?

Bun

Banned
In all probability we might have seen the last of his outings in the whites and baggy greens. Only a successful World cup campaign can resurrect his career now.

biased indian

International Coach
Australia v England, 5th Test: Broken finger rules Ricky Ponting out of Sydney | Cricket News | The Ashes 2010-11 | ESPN Cricinfo

who predicted this? i thought it was me who said I would have Ponting bat at number 12 hahaha..

Bye bye Douchbag cheater...

He thought the Umpire is Pakistani.. what is the worst that can happen..a very good move by CA here..he deserved to be dropped for being racist..
:wacko:

as far as i undersatnd he is not dropped....

But have feeling that MCG test was his last for Austrlia ..as they are now slated to play only again in Aug 2011

if they win world cup in india think he will retire on that high note..and if they fail to win it that will be another blow to his captaincy

Last edited:

Midwinter

State Captain
I would have him batting at 5 from the next test.

After the glorious purple patch of 2-3 years ago it's time to accept that time has passed.
He could go another couple of years playing a more defensive middle order role.

If he tries to stay at 3 it could get embarassing.
If only they had listened :ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia v England, 5th Test: Broken finger rules Ricky Ponting out of Sydney | Cricket News | The Ashes 2010-11 | ESPN Cricinfo

who predicted this? i thought it was me who said I would have Ponting bat at number 12 hahaha..

Bye bye Douchbag cheater...

He thought the Umpire is Pakistani.. what is the worst that can happen..a very good move by CA here..he deserved to be dropped for being racist..
Couple of points.
He was not dropped by CA for being a racist but because of a broken finger and possibly poor form.
He has so far not shown any evidence of being a racist. He has shown utter disrespect for umpires though but not just Aleem Dar but many umpires over the years and he is not the only Australian player to do so..many including heroes McGrath, Warne and Waughs have done so.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of points.
He was not dropped by CA for being a racist but because of a broken finger and possibly poor form.
He has so far not shown any evidence of being a racist. He has shown utter disrespect for umpires though but not just Aleem Dar but many umpires over the years and he is not the only Australian player to do so..many including heroes McGrath, Warne and Waughs have done so.
He isn't the only player to do it. There are plenty of examples of players from all over disrespecting umpires. Players don't disrespect umpires because they're Australian anymore than they take bribes to fix matches because they're Pakistani.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Couple of points.
Who's been hauled up in front of the ICC more than any other player?

That'll be Inzamam Ul-Haq, in case you're wondering.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
he deserved to be dropped for being racist..
A last-gasp contender for worst post of 2010.

Pathetic.

The guy's got an injury, and whatever other faults he has (he has many, and I'm usually the first to bang on about them) there's not a sliver of a shred of evidence that he's racist. That's a vile accusation to make without any evidence, son. Not sure if you'll be banned for it, but imho you ****ing deserve to be.

My advice to you is to wind your neck in.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He isn't the only player to do it. There are plenty of examples of players from all over disrespecting umpires. Players don't disrespect umpires because they're Australian anymore than they take bribes to fix matches because they're Pakistani.
But more Australian players have, over the years disrespected umpires just like more Pakistani players have over the years been accused and implicated in bribery and match fixing charges.. So it is fair to conclude that those problems are slightly more serious in those countries than the rest.

On another note, this is a topic about Ponting and the Ashes and hence it was only natural that his altercation with the umpires would come up. However is there any particular reason you found it necessary to bring up the match fixing issue other than the fact that the man in my avatar happens to be wearing the jersey of a certain country? because if that's your argument..then I must say its a pretty bad argument..Its not going to work because I will not shy away from calling a spade a spade just because I happen to support the team..unlike many others who blindly defend everything their players do.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's been hauled up in front of the ICC more than any other player?

That'll be Inzamam Ul-Haq, in case you're wondering.
If you're trying to bring Inzamam ul Haq to attack me..then thats a very sorry post I must say :laugh::laugh:

Inzamam ul Haq, from what I can remember and I am sure I remember more of him than you, has never behaved with an umpire the way Ponting did at MCG. If he has been hauled in front of ICC more than Ponting or the others..then you're really opening a can of worms there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But more Australian players have, over the years disrespected umpires just like more Pakistani players have over the years been accused and implicated in bribery and match fixing charges.. So it is fair to conclude that those problems are slightly more serious in those countries than the rest.

On another note, this is a topic about Ponting and the Ashes and hence it was only natural that his altercation with the umpires would come up. However is there any particular reason you found it necessary to bring up the match fixing issue other than the fact that the man in my avatar happens to be wearing the jersey of a certain country? because if that's your argument..then I must say its a pretty bad argument..Its not going to work because I will not shy away from calling a spade a spade just because I happen to support the team..unlike many others who blindly defend everything their players do.
Well I posted it to point out that you can't generalise like that really. It's a bit rich on your part to now play a race card against me when I think you (likely inadvertently) did the same to one country's group of cricketers too. I'd have though it was self evident why I said it.
Inzamam
Cronje
Ranatunga
Gatting
Broad
Viv Richards
Michael Holding
Colin Croft
Miandad
Gavaskar
Kumble

Are among the non-Australian players I can think of off the top of my head who have disrespected umpires. Without giving it more than two minutes' thought.

Last edited:

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you're trying to bring Inzamam ul Haq to attack me..then thats a very sorry post I must say :laugh::laugh:

Inzamam ul Haq, from what I can remember and I am sure I remember more of him than you, has never behaved with an umpire the way Ponting did at MCG. If he has been hauled in front of ICC more than Ponting or the others..then you're really opening a can of worms there.
im sure he's talking to Aaron.