• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Flem274*

123/5
It's weird seeing ND bat well. I should stop making fun of them until they reel out Wilson, Parlane, Marshall, Devcich and Bettley again.

Come on ND, give us a true ND collapse. I realise Johan van der Wath and Andy Ellis make that dificult, but you can do it!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought of Munro while I was watching Flynn go ballistic today. Flynn's execution was superb. I want Munro to borrow a tape of that inning and model himself on it.

Never knew that Flynn could be so good. wonderful shot over extra cover.

Two years ago Flynn would try those shots for the blackcaps and they wouldn't come off.
I've been reading for a while and I really can't stand anymore..what is your issue with Munro? He scored 66 not, and you wanted him dropped. He then went on to piece together 33 off 16, and not a lick of praise. Then he knocked up 28* off 13 or so , and he's a poor man's Flynn.

Howsie

International Captain
He was facing better bowlers and was far less experienced when he was in the Black Caps tbf.

Also towards the end of his test stint his technique fell apart. Huge gap between bat and body/pad and his feet went no where. He was a better player when he came in than when he left. Looks to be on the road back now though.
As an opener by the looks of things. Good signs imo, I really do see opening the batting (in all forms of the game) his best option of succeeding at the international level - espeically in limited overs cricket. Such a clean striker of the ball when he's in form.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I started a form guide for the domestic season a while back but hadn't kept it up to date - got the chance tonight to complete it up to tonight's game. I've attached it for anyone interested in the game-by-game performances of the players over the first half of the tournament.

At the same time I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see how the overseas players for each side have performed when combined:
Auckland: 140 runs @ 17.50, 9 wickets @ 12.44 (6.22 RPO)
ND: 298 runs @ 74.50, 3 wickets @ 26.00 (5.20 RPO)
CD: 157 runs @ 17.44, 11 wickets @ 21.64 (6.26 RPO)
Wellington: 124 runs @ 41.33, 6 wickets @ 29.67 (7.52 RPO)
Canterbury: 220 runs @ 73.33, 9 wickets @ 32.22 (8.53 RPO)
Otago: 116 runs @ 12.89, 8 wickets @ 30.13 (8.31 RPO)

Attachments

Mike5181

International Captain
As an opener by the looks of things. Good signs imo, I really do see opening the batting (in all forms of the game) his best option of succeeding at the international level - espeically in limited overs cricket. Such a clean striker of the ball when he's in form.
He would have a shot at Tim Mc's spot in the test team if he were to play successfully as an opener in FC but i doubt he would take McCullum or Ryder's spot in ODIs. He looked good in tests when he consistently kept getting 49 at number 3. Then he just had a really bad period. Good to see he is finding some form at the moment at least.

Mike5181

International Captain
I started a form guide for the domestic season a while back but hadn't kept it up to date - got the chance tonight to complete it up to tonight's game. I've attached it for anyone interested in the game-by-game performances of the players over the first half of the tournament.

At the same time I thought it would be an interesting exercise to see how the overseas players for each side have performed when combined:
Otago have probably had the short end of the stick with overseas players tbh. If it wasn't for consistent performances from Ryan Ten Doeschate Canterbury would have been quite a bit worse off as well.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't be at all surprised if today's match is abandonned without a result - weather's very poor here today and there was rain last night too so it'll take some unexpected good weather to see much more play IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Thanks Somerset.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've been reading for a while and I really can't stand anymore..what is your issue with Munro? He scored 66 not, and you wanted him dropped. He then went on to piece together 33 off 16, and not a lick of praise. Then he knocked up 28* off 13 or so , and he's a poor man's Flynn.
Welcome to CW - sorry for winding you up - but good to hear your input nonetheless.

I really enjoyed Flynn's knock - and just felt like Munro could learn a thing or two. Munro is an inexperienced player and I think he needs to work on his technique. I acknowledge, as I did previously, that it was a bit harsh for me to say that he should be dropped.

Cheers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are you Munro?

Would be funny if we had another MitchM/Phlegm situation. :p