• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

TumTum

Banned
Confused here, Khawaja and Dussey may average over 50, and Smith close to it, but it's Ferguson, the bloke averaging firmly in the mid 30s with 5 tons from 50 games that's the best? Aesthetics aren't everything, and given how strongly you were arguing about averages earlier, you'd have thought you'd pay more attention to them.
I said "talented" didn't I? I admit he needs to do a bit more at FC, has been getting starts but not converting.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I've used that tactic many times

"if you can't contact me, i didn't get drunk and throw up in your fridge"
"if you can't contact me, i didn't run over your cat"
"if you can't contact me, i can't be the father"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Confused here, Khawaja and Dussey may average over 50, and Smith close to it, but it's Ferguson, the bloke averaging firmly in the mid 30s with 5 tons from 50 games that's the best? Aesthetics aren't everything, and given how strongly you were arguing about averages earlier, you'd have thought you'd pay more attention to them.
Ferguson's stats made worse by the fact he plays for South Australia.

Gun initials though.

TumTum

Banned
Obviously considering Ferguson, or see how Smith/Hauritz can bowl today.

Would have been stupid having to make the decision today.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
inquiring into the availability of former england superstar darren pattinson for selection.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The England batsmen treated Bollinger with a contempt that I don't remember Johnson getting treated with at Brisbane. Only difference really was that Bollinger got an absolute gift of a wicket.
Again though, do you think Bollinger was fully fit? And do you think it would make a difference if he was? The wicket might have been gifted to him somewhat, but you still have to get the ball in the right areas for that to happen. If you're bowling 6 feet wide of off then there's not much chance the batsman will let one go and it'll hit off stump.

Given he started ok in the last test, I'd back Bollinger to make a bigger improvement than Johnson given his fitness issues, but only if they could be addressed before Perth. Johnson has shown he can bowl absolute rubbish fully fit and even when in good form before the match starts.

How about we pick neither of them :happy:

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Another factor that needs to be considered is whether Ponting is going to bowl someone like Hauritz if picked. This is the most important match of Ponting's life (legacy, his future as player and captain are all up for grabs), and I just think his scant patience for Hauritz if the Indian tour and subsequent fallout between those guys is any indication is going to mean that a few bad opening overs from Hauritz, and I bet he will be sidelined.