• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a team of players from 1995-2010 can beat any other.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
f

the point is,any random 20 year chunk from cricket history would have featured 15-20 great players. making a winning xi out of them would never be a problem. we did a 8 month exercise a few years ago and selected best xis from different eras. we finally ended up with teams of equal quality.
indeed

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please don't feed the troll. Read his posting history - it consists of "Aleem Dar is a legend", "Zaheer averages 40 in South Africa", "Saeed Anwar was the best batsman of all time" and other obvious anti-India, pro-Pakistan crap, repeated over and over.
If he's a troll, why not ban him?

smash84

The Tiger King
Ill have a go:

Hutton
Hobbs
Sir Viv
G Chappell
Sobers
Imran*
Knott+
Hadlee
Marshall
Grimmett
Oreilley
for that matter, a team from 1970-85 would be good enough to beat several other all time xi's as well.

gavaskar
greenidge
v.richards
g.chappell
border
imran
knott (wk)
hadlee
marshall
lillee
chandrasekar

this bowling attack can bowl out any batting lineup. and this middle order is godly too.

the point is,any random 20 year chunk from cricket history would have featured 15-20 great players. making a winning xi out of them would never be a problem. we did a 8 month exercise a few years ago and selected best xis from different eras. we finally ended up with teams of equal quality.
Both these teams should beat the 1995-2010 team

srkven

Cricket Spectator
You mad, old people, that the players of your era sucked?

Matthew Hayden
Virender Sehwag
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath
Wasim Akram

come at this team.
The only rule is you're not allowed to pick bradman because he is a statistical freak.

edit: we've got the best leg and off spinner, the best left arm bowler, second best all rounder, and one of the top 5 bowlers in general (mcgrath) of all time.
We've also got the best wicketkeeper of all time.
We've got 2 all-time great openers, and a godly middle order with ponting, tendulkar and lara.

edit2: Yes you can pick any other player besides bradman who is not on this side.
What's the point without the Don? =="

LOL

But yeah a good team, but Sehwag is the only one I have my concerns with.

Blaze 18

Banned
Please don't feed the troll. Read his posting history - it consists of "Aleem Dar is a legend", "Zaheer averages 40 in South Africa", "Saeed Anwar was the best batsman of all time" and other obvious anti-India, pro-Pakistan crap, repeated over and over.
It is obvious he is a troll. Have a look at this thread :

SA: The Final Frontier for India? - PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum

PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum - View Single Post - SA: The Final Frontier for India?

Here is a post of yours he copied word for word :

PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum - View Single Post - SA: The Final Frontier for India?

:laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I've noticed that actually happens to me a fair bit, on other forums. People copy my posts from here. Weird.

Flem274*

123/5

I've noticed that actually happens to me a fair bit, on other forums. People copy my posts from here. Weird.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
on what basis..?

Sehwag averages 54.7 with a 82 SR in 144 innings with 6 not outs and 22 centuries.
Anwar averages 45.5 with a 55 SR in 91 innings with 2 not outs and 11 centuries.

is this even a serious suggestion?

sehwag goes missing when his team need him most and need him to stick around

he can only play in one way

he scores ridiculously heavily on flat pitches - a fair chunk of all his runs have been scored on sub continental feather beds - am talking about the big scores here

his average in the second innings is 25

he has only scored one century in his second innings

he has played completely in the era of flatter pitches

to me it clearly indicates that he is a highly destructive and lethal batsman, in fact more lethal and destructive than any other - but only in the first innings and usually when the conditions are decent.

drill down into his stats and you get a better picture of what type of batsmen he is.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Hahaha that when PrinceEWS had made his post at 3.34 pm and IT_Khumbee/Janki_Jasoos made his at 04.31 pm

I did a little more digging and found that I have also had the privilege of having one of my posts copied by it.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2381378-post5490.html

PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum - View Single Post - India vs New Zealand | 3rd Test | Nagpur | 19-24 November 2010

Jeez, I have seen people copying threads from other forums, but random posts ? :laugh:

Anyway, back to the topic :D

bagapath

International Captain
Team of late 70s til 95:

Greenidge
Gavaskar
Sir Viv
G Chappell
Border
Imran*
Knott
Hadlee
Marshall
Lillee
Underwood
No dude. Underwood's best years were far far behind in the period you are talking about. Qadir and Qasim are the only spinners, or a very young Warne, who are worthy of selection in this World XI. The only English cricketer who definitely deserves a place is the man in my avatar. He could replace hadlee or imran if you want him in.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Knott? Was there any better wicket keeper during that time? Healy has a boot in, but 95 is bisecting his test career IMO.

chicane

State Captain
Hahaha that when PrinceEWS had made his post at 3.34 pm and IT_Khumbee/Janki_Jasoos made his at 04.31 pm

I did a little more digging and found that I have also had the privilege of having one of my posts copied by it.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2381378-post5490.html

PakPassion - Pakistan Cricket Forum - View Single Post - India vs New Zealand | 3rd Test | Nagpur | 19-24 November 2010

Jeez, I have seen people copying threads from other forums, but random posts ? :laugh:

Anyway, back to the topic :D
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/site-discussion/45787-true-identity-hmas.html

Howe_zat

Audio File
What about Knott? Was there any better wicket keeper during that time? Healy has a boot in, but 95 is bisecting his test career IMO.
Rod Marsh would be a good call from late 70s-early 80s, but I would still go with Knott.

bagapath

International Captain
rod marsh was an excellent wicket keeper in the same period. dujon and kirmani were also top notch; especially dujon against pacers and kirmani against spinners. knott was probably inches ahead of marsh and a foot ahead of the other two.

deeps

International 12th Man
on what basis..?

Sehwag averages 54.7 with a 82 SR in 144 innings with 6 not outs and 22 centuries.
Anwar averages 45.5 with a 55 SR in 91 innings with 2 not outs and 11 centuries.

is this even a serious suggestion?
Bowlers these days are useless, pitches are totally flat.. It's a batsman's paradise wherever you go. Sehwag would be useless if he was playing in the early 90's