• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
That was such a lazy play by Trott. He half-assed that drive and just flung the bat awkwardly like a kid bored of being out there practicing. What a huge gate that was. England now crap of turd.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not going to be the most original point in the world, but Watson as fifth bowler is a huge advantage to the crims. Especially given ours is Collingwood.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Watson looking good, bowling with none of the old man syndrome we saw in India. At least he isnt likely to run up and bowl bouncers at his pace.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There were some really good shots in there as well, though. A mixed day.
Was strong off his legs, as expected. Would be interesting to see his wagon-wheel, reckon he put away the balls you'd expect him to on middle/leg.

Pietersen's mo is pretty outstanding. The bowler's should ask him to shave it off as it's distracting.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
I know. They've only played against him for 5 years, seen hium score runs here when no one else did etc.

Been poor of late though, I grant you.
That's the problem with our blokes, it's all about what they know from a few years ago. "I remember we did this back in 07, it worked so lets stick with that" type thing.

Most articles from idiot journos have been going on about KP this, KP that, not realising this is quite a good English batting lineup that doesn't rely on the Saffie anymore. The notion that he is their Messiah and the only hope of winning this series is ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's the problem with our blokes, it's all about what they know from a few years ago. "I remember we did this back in 07, it worked so lets stick with that" type thing.

Most articles from idiot journos have been going on about KP this, KP that, not realising this is quite a good English batting lineup that doesn't rely on the Saffie anymore. The notion that he is their Messiah and the only hope of winning this series is ridiculous.
Haha, nah, fair enough, I'll take your point here but hopefully you've already seen my last post and called me a ****