• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus the Tigers' left side defense is porous. Reckon Canberra are close enough tbh.

And ftr, he's a fine player, but fmd the Benji Marshall love on Nine is horrendous.

Burgey

Completely agree. The group love in is only rivalled by the Hayne frenzy tbh.
Tragedy for Canberra with Campese doing a knee at the moment they score to get within six.

They simply can't win a comp without him.

And GFC.. Hayne is a gun. :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Got a bad feeling about tonight. Just hoping these young players don't start seeing the finals as a place they invariably lose. We'll have the bulk of this team for many years to come, that's a mindset we can do without.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So PEWS, what about your prediction that Penrith would win the comp this year? :ph34r:
Seriously though we had 5 of our first team forwards out and one player on the bench for most of the game. How are we supposed to have a chance in those circumstances?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Geez man I was taking the piss.
Haha I know :)

As mentioned earlier I'm pretty devo though. Being drunk while watching that makes it all the tougher too, and the hangover is not helping right now. If there's a higher power in this world he/she really boned us this year.

/wrists.

Burgey

Well, going to go:

Saints
Roosters

Much as the Tigers have always been my second side, they have a number of sides who **** me to tears frankly. Farah is the new Simon Woolford with his whinging, the muppet on the wing,Beau Ryan, he's a tool who has his own skit on the Footy Show despite making at least one error a game, Bryce Gibbs is a dirty **** too. Marshall is a fine player, but the hype about him is ridiculous as I mentioned earlier.

Moreover, be great to see the Dragons get a little revenge for 05.

As for the other game, got to go for the Roosters as a Sydney side over the Coast, who have been brave and done so well this year.

Not that I particularly dislike the GC at all, or am particularly enamored by the Roosters.

That said, if Carney wins the comp this year, it will be a terrific story, and I would genuinely love for Brian Smith to win a comp as a coach. He's been **** canned by that idiot Hadley in the media for years about his coaching and I'dlove him to go on radion after winning the comp and jam it up his fat Khyber Pass.

Plus, GC v Saints GF would be so clinical and methodical it would be a snooze fest imo

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One consolation of the Broncos not being in the finals this year is at least Parramatta isn't. The next best thing will be for the Titans to win, couldn't stand it if two Sydney teams are in the grand final for the first time since at least '04. Even if they don't win the whole thing, I want them in the final.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't forgotten about you all don't worry. Finals tipping is still on.

Finals Week 2

morgieb 2
Burgey 2
Ripper 2
Ausage 0
Brumby 0
Mister Wright 0
Hirricane 0
Julian 0
Alternative 0
Craig 0

No one picks the Tigers to get up in Canberra, and so no one gets a perfect score for the round. Some of us thought the Panthers a chance, and others of us don't have a choice when picking their team, and as such half the tipsters end up with nothing. Julian, alternative and Craig fail to tip, and (making an executive descision here) will be cut if they miss the penultimate week of tipping this round.

morgieb 5.2
Burgey 5.2
Brumby 4.1
Ripper 4.1
Ausage 3.1
Julian 3.1
Alternative 2
Craig 2
Mister Wright 2
Hirricane 1

Overall

Burgey and morgieb move to the head of the table after sucessfully picking the Roosters match. At the foot of the table Hurricane still only has a solitary point to his name.

This week (for those who haven't been following)

Dragons vs Tigers
Titans vs Roosters

howardj

International Coach
Saints and Titans this weekend.

Wouldn't mind seeing either team win the comp.

Geez, St George is so methodical, so machine-like. They're like Melbourne - give you nothing, absolutely strangle you. I really think the Tigers need to get in front early and force St George to play outside their grinding, methodical bubble.

Nice touchy, feely, group hug interview last night from Gus with Bennett.