• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long would KP's bad form have to continue before England should drop him?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He is the Mendis of batting. Once the shock of his strokeplay was sorted out, bowlers have started praying on the weaknessess which were far too much for a batsman averaging 50. He'll be a good batsman, but might never be a great in the era.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope they drop Pietersen, and I reckon most Australian supporters do too.

To add to the LOLs, they shold not only drop Pietersen, but replace him with Tinker. That would be wonderful.

Spark

Global Moderator
That he's out of nick is less worrying from an English POV than the shot he played today. That wasn't an "out of form" shot (although maybe an in-form KP would belt it to the boundary, but even an in-form KP should know that in such conditions that don't need describing, best to leave such an innocuous delivery alone), it was an "I'm a ****ing idiot" shot. That is concerning, because any player can be out of form but the beauty of Test cricket is that if you have the right mindset you can dig yourself out in one innings. But based on that shot it's hard to see how KP will do that soon.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
KP to walk away after the World Cup?

The interview where he said he is low on confidence is a pre cursor to him walking off and becoming a 20/20 worldwide moneygrabber.
Yeah, my money's on a post-WC flounce. He's established enough to command a decent fee even if he's not playing test cricket.

Uppercut

Had you been watching Alastair Cook before his century? ;)
That's the thing though, Cook kept getting out for low scores. Once he got to 20 he didn't look like getting out at all. KP got to 80 and still looked like he could get out every ball.

And he didn't look that good at Cardiff before his sweep shot. Hilfenhaus was all over him like a rash early on. I do seem to remember him looking decent at some stage in South Africa though..

benchmark00

Only chance of him getting dropped any time soon is if he edges one to Akmal in the second innings.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's the thing though, Cook kept getting out for low scores. Once he got to 20 he didn't look like getting out at all. KP got to 80 and still looked like he could get out every ball.

And he didn't look that good at Cardiff before his sweep shot. Hilfenhaus was all over him like a rash early on. I do seem to remember him looking decent at some stage in South Africa though..
Yeah, it's bizarre but that innings is by far the best case for the prosecution. Kp is always shaky at the start, but generally imperious afterwards, but that knock was just yuck.

tooextracool

International Coach
I hope they drop Pietersen, and I reckon most Australian supporters do too.

To add to the LOLs, they shold not only drop Pietersen, but replace him with Tinker. That would be wonderful.
I really really hope that Bell does a Collingwood this winter and shuts all you Aussies forever :p