• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking the deadline was tomorrow for some reason.

Just sending my mail right now.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think marc should declare the results now. There is no point waiting for Nnaden any more, as we are waiting for him for the last 7 days or so...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Round 2

I won't ever finish rounds early weldone, the deadline is there for a reason (as people can change their bids if they want to and also as I've picked a time when I should be able to get results up fairly promptly)

The following have been drafted:

A Agarkar - Blakus
S Bond - Pothas
M Clarke - Cevno
R Hadlee - honestbharani
S Jayasuriya - weldone
J Kemp - Pskov
L Klusener - Noble One
M Muralitharan - Himannv
V Richards - G.I.Joe
G Sobers - Somerset

For the record, the 3 players I added were A Agarkar, S Bond and M Sami.

The winning bids were (from lowest to highest) - $4, $300,011, $1,000,000, $1,500,000, $1,502,618, $2,105,000, $2,345,676, $2,400,799, $2,500,011, $3,100,999.

Round 3 is open with the following players available:

M Boucher
T Chappell
Kapil Dev
A Flower
B Lee
Saqlain Mushtaq
G Smith
P Strang
S Tendulkar
Mohammad Yousuf

Deadline of 10am Saturday please.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Some people have really overpaid there and i think one has got a bargain.

Have to say i am pleased with Michael clarke at the price i got him,though i think i could ahve gotten him for less.

Michael clarke with a batting average of nearly 43 and a bowling average of 36 is a good option to have in the team ,as a batsmen who can bowl.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Only 2 rounds over and see what I've got:

A top-tier opening batsman, a top-tier opening bowler, 2 dangerous all-rounders (1 bowls pace and the other spin), one hard hitting batsman at the top, 1 hard-hitting batsman for the end overs.

Couldn't have asked for a better start.

By the way, were there really as many better ODI players than Jayasuriya in this round as have been paid more than him ?!? :unsure:

My team so far:

Sanath Jayasuriya
Shaun Pollock

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I assume Sobers attracted the 3 million bid?

Vivian Richards (RHB, 47 @ 90.20, RAS, 35.83 @ 47.80)
Chris Cairns (RHB, 29.46 @ 84.26, RFM, 32.80 @ 40.6)

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So 15 million for 13 players.

Interesting to see how people make up after paying more than 3 million for one player.
:cool:

Its similar to the silentstriker method, only nowhere near as flawed.

Last edited: