• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If either Raina or Dhoni are there till the death, CSK will win as they'll have a competitive total on a rapidly slowing deck with a good spin attack

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: Quality fielding from MI. Did brilliantly to leave it for eachother.

I really don't enjoy watching MS Dhoni bat. He's a very good player, capable of smashing the ball miles, but he never seems to do it when I'm watching. Just nudges and nurdles looking generally pretty ugly before playing the odd massive shot. Can't doubt his effectiveness, but the ugliness of his batting puts him up alongside the likes of Simon Katich for me. Those 2 batting together would be horrible to watch.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Judging a player's worth and ability to survive based on a sample size of three matches is not the smartest thing to do.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I really don't enjoy watching MS Dhoni bat. He's a very good player, capable of smashing the ball miles, but he never seems to do it when I'm watching. Just nudges and nurdles looking generally pretty ugly before playing the odd massive shot. Can't doubt his effectiveness, but the ugliness of his batting puts him up alongside the likes of Simon Katich for me. Those 2 batting together would be horrible to watch.
If Pietersen and Graeme Smith were batting in my backyard, I'd draw the curtains. :ph34r:

King Pietersen

International Captain
If Pietersen and Graeme Smith were batting in my backyard, I'd draw the curtains. :ph34r:
:laugh: We'll have to agree to disagree on KP; but I do agree on Smith. He'd be up there with Katich and Dhoni on my list of players I don't enjoy batting. A few South African's would come close to that list actually. I don't find Smith, Kallis, Prince, McKenzie or Amla particularly entertaining to watch.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Yeah no doubt about that, very ugly to watch. In the league of Smith, Katich and KP in terms of ugly playing. Fantastic T20 and ODI bat and underrated Test bat though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He can on the right track and with the right total on the board.

Different case when the batsman are on top though.

Still, Pollard is a smart bowler. Results show that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pollard's all about his slower balls, if they start getting picked or anticipated he'll get slaughtered.

So he can quickly switch between very effective and liability. He's generally been the former so far.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: We'll have to agree to disagree on KP; but I do agree on Smith. He'd be up there with Katich and Dhoni on my list of players I don't enjoy batting. A few South African's would come close to that list actually. I don't find Smith, Kallis, Prince, McKenzie or Amla particularly entertaining to watch.
Agreed with Prince, McKenzie - very dull to watch. But Amla is pretty good and Kallis has his occasional moments of inspiration. AB is very entertaining however.