• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2107: GOAL Tottenham 2-0 CDMs

Must be the first time in living memory that Spurs haven't just rolled over and their tummy tickled.

duffer

Oh and I know van Persie has played a whopping 12 games in the league for us this season but we can't blame that on us winning sweet fa again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, deary me. Can't really say Spurs didn't deserve that, but what an incredibly frustrating result. Come on Arsenal, may as well throw the game against Citeh now just to spite Harry the spitting image puppet. Van Persie showed what a good player he was in that 25 minutes though, wish he had been fit all season.

duffer

The doomers saw it coming. Having to start Almunia,Denilson,Silvestre and Diaby in the same game, and that being an away NLD. Stuff of nightmares. Not like this team has a propensity to dissapoint on the big occasion.

If he doesn't fix this then take the new contract of the table pronto.

Pothas

The doomers saw it coming. Having to start Almunia,Denilson,Silvestre and Diaby in the same game, and that being an away NLD. Stuff of nightmares. Not like this team has a propensity to dissapoint on the big occasion.

Wenger leaving would be a disaster.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Tbf, Silvestre didn't actually start. Him appearing at any point in any game is incredibly ominous though. So annoying that Arsenal were beating by one total freak fluke goal and one annoying defensive error. Gomes deserves some plaudits for the saves at the end though, Van Persie's freekick in particular was perfectly placed, needed a top save to keep it out, and the other's weren't bad either.

Jarquis

Harsh, Diaby has been terrific at times this season and showed glimpses today.
Who do you replace Wenger with then?

I agree with you most of the time duffer and I don't like losing either but in all honesty..

cpr

International Coach
Well, spurs back in the hunt for 4th, have all to play for against Chelsea. Believe thats this weekend isn't it? Could all be turned on its head if both Spurs and us pull off wins. We'll just have to stop playing utter turd.

duffer

Harsh, Diaby has been terrific at times this season and showed glimpses today.
Who do you replace Wenger with then?

I agree with you most of the time duffer and I don't like losing either but in all honesty..
All well and good looking like Vieira against the likes of Wigan and West Ham but every time we need him in a big game he bottles it. His biggest contribution was his own goal at Old Trafford.

As for Wenger, how about someone who can coach the defence, someone who can spot a goalkeeper, someone who will try and replace the deadwood in his squad and replace players if he has to sell them. More or less, someone who actually tries to win trophies. All well and good saying at least he isn't Benitez but that isn't saying much.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Being a bit of a doom and gloom merchant here imo Duffah. Yes I know it's frustrating, particularly because this isn't the first time this has happened, but Arsenal have pushed the league leaders pretty damn hard this year, and in another season may have come out on top. I'd wager that barring the injuries that they had to deal with going into this game they would have pushed Chelsea/Man Utd even harder. Given the circumstances I would say the team has done pretty well on balance, even if it is a pain that they have come up short.

duffer

Being a bit of a doom and gloom merchant here imo Duffah. Yes I know it's frustrating, particularly because this isn't the first time this has happened, but Arsenal have pushed the league leaders pretty damn hard this year, and in another season may have come out on top. I'd wager that barring the injuries that they had to deal with going into this game they would have pushed Chelsea/Man Utd even harder. Given the circumstances I would say the team has done pretty well on balance, even if it is a pain that they have come up short.
Haha, been described as a bit schizo wrt Arsenal before. I vacillate between unadulterated love and hate at times.

Just think they always surprise with their ability to choke on the big stage. Could have been valid a few years ago but not now, should have had the contingencies in place when we know how injury prone our key players are and when we knew that we couldn't defend worth a damn for the past few years. Lots of history repeating with no indication by the manager that he's going to remedy it. Not advocating he gets sacked, but would seriously consider the alternatives if we get another season like this when his current one expires next year.

Craig

World Traveller
La Gazzetta dello Sport is running a story that Juventus want Rafa Benitez as their main man for next season and will give him a €200m budget over three years, and any players sold, will go into the kitty. Two of Benitez's players, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres would follow Benitez to Turin.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
La Gazzetta dello Sport is running a story that Juventus want Rafa Benitez as their main man for next season and will give him a €200m budget over three years, and any players sold, will go into the kitty. Two of Benitez's players, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres would follow Benitez to Turin.
Can't see Torres moving to Italy tbh, Mascherano would be well suited there though. If I was a Liverpool fan/board member I would be thrilled with this development, as it's a potential way to get rid of Rafa without having to sack him and incur all the costs for compensation. I would jump at the chance to go if I was Rafa as well, can't see things at Liverpool getting drastically different, for better or worse. Would have to query where Juve have suddenly found this huge amount of cash though.