• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gavaskar on the Broads

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And who knows what went on in that discussion and why it was perceived to be so when we see people being banned for far less... Isn't that where the nepotism accusation comes in?
nah.. they are Aussies.. And if you are so non-fussed about this, why bother about the people who think there MAY be some nepotims at work here...
Jeez, digging up posts I made MONTHS ago to reply, that's classy

The nepotism accusations were and are completely flimsy, conspiracist accusations. But hey, if it makes you feel better, carry on 8-)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jeez, digging up posts I made MONTHS ago to reply, that's classy

The nepotism accusations were and are completely flimsy, conspiracist accusations. But hey, if it makes you feel better, carry on 8-)
I only saw this thread again today as it has not been active for ages and honestly, with some of the posts going on here, I thought it was better not to post.

I responded to you as I consider you a very respected member here. And as far as the accusations go, yeah they were flimsy right from the start. No one denied that but what was stupid was the fact that everyone brushed it aside as if Gavaskar only said it with racist intent or whatever. Broad has been getting away with a LOT of stuff and that IS NOT flimsy..

When it comes to speculating on reasons why he gets away, every single one is as flimsy as this one.. But if it makes you feel better to think that Broad is some angel in terms of behaviour on the field, carry on... 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I only saw this thread again today as it has not been active for ages and honestly, with some of the posts going on here, I thought it was better not to post.

I responded to you as I consider you a very respected member here. And as far as the accusations go, yeah they were flimsy right from the start. No one denied that but what was stupid was the fact that everyone brushed it aside as if Gavaskar only said it with racist intent or whatever. Broad has been getting away with a LOT of stuff and that IS NOT flimsy..

When it comes to speculating on reasons why he gets away, every single one is as flimsy as this one.. But if it makes you feel better to think that Broad is some angel in terms of behaviour on the field, carry on... 8-)
Firstly let me apologise for the tone of my post earlier, got out of the wrong side of bed today.

Please note that I am not defending Broad's behaviour as much as I may like him. I simply have no time for the conspiracy theories until I see some evidence of them. That's all. Nowhere did I say Broad was an angel, so it's stupid to point that finger at me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Firstly let me apologise for the tone of my post earlier, got out of the wrong side of bed today.

Please note that I am not defending Broad's behaviour as much as I may like him. I simply have no time for the conspiracy theories until I see some evidence of them. That's all. Nowhere did I say Broad was an angel, so it's stupid to point that finger at me.
If you have evidence, tbh, it ceases to be a "conspiracy theory", right? ;)

But no worries mate... I thought u wud be in a better mood during wrestlemania weekend though... ;)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"It had been a frustrating morning for us, I rapped the fella on the pad and I knew it was out straight away," said Broad. "But I get on really well with the umpire and I just said 'Rod, sorry about my mishap'. He just laughed it off.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sounds eerily like what Gavaskar said.
Nah, you don't have to have a Daddy who's a match referee to get on well with the umpire. If you're on the field with an umpire for days at a time you'd have to be a pretty cold fish not to have a bit of a chat with him, and if you're a bowler and you don't try to get on with the umpire you're an idiot.

That said, Broad's charging-down-the-pitch-assuming-it's-out act has always irritated the hell out of me. It irritated me when McGrath did it, and he was told to stop, and Broad should have been told to stop before now as well. Hopefully this is the last we see of it.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Nah, you don't have to have a Daddy who's a match referee to get on well with the umpire. If you're on the field with an umpire for days at a time you'd have to be a pretty cold fish not to have a bit of a chat with him, and if you're a bowler and you don't try to get on with the umpire you're an idiot.

That said, Broad's charging-down-the-pitch-assuming-it's-out act has always irritated the hell out of me. It irritated me when McGrath did it, and he was told to stop, and Broad should have been told to stop before now as well. Hopefully this is the last we see of it.
Was just joking TBH.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I have no time for this particular conspiracy theory (Gavaskar as a cricketer/technical analyst was/is great, as a journo he belongs in the gutters of Fleet Street), it's undeniable that Broad has been asking for a thorough ticking off for some time

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Broad has now used as much benefit he could have got ,from his father's position.

He seems to really have 9 lives unlike some.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
From Harsha Bhogle on Twitter-

great strategy from stuart broad.do the unacceptable & apologise immediately.if you cross the line you must bear the punishment

icc taking cue from indian airports where there is list of people who are exempt from following the rules.separate category now for broad?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Whats so terrible about celebrating without appealing? It was plumb. Its not really any different to a slip catch imo.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Harsha Bhogle on Twitter-

great strategy from stuart broad.do the unacceptable & apologise immediately.if you cross the line you must bear the punishment

icc taking cue from indian airports where there is list of people who are exempt from following the rules.separate category now for broad?
Harsha Bogle rapidly turning from a decent bloke who felt unbridled love for the game and privileged to be commentating on it to a never-played-but-a-know-all-smart-arse.

Tis a shame. Seems he's becoming to cricket what Ray Hadley is to NRL commentary.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Harsha Bogle rapidly turning from a decent bloke who felt unbridled love for the game and privileged to be commentating on it to a never-played-but-a-know-all-smart-arse.

Tis a shame. Seems he's becoming to cricket what Ray Hadley is to NRL commentary.
I actually don't understand why it is a shame to state the obvious.

Sir Alex

Banned

I think he is spot on in this case. Broad has really been walking a very thin line in the last few months

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Yeah, it is a bloody shame when people state the bleeding obvious..