• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Xuhaib

International Coach
An angel went running to Allah, waking Him from His slumber, to give him urgent news: "USA attacked China, they're at war!". Unfazed, Allah replied "ah that's ok, they'll sort it out within themselves" and laid back down. Another angel followed suit to inform Him about a war between Iran and Israel. Again Allah ignored the news and laid back down. A third angel informed Allah "seems Pakistan and India are at it again". Straight away He jumped off the bed and commanded that His chittar be brought to Him. Within seconds He was ready and raring for action. Confused, the three angels inquired why He was so willing to interfere with this conflict when there are four other nations fighting full scale wars? Allah calmly replied "The rest of the world can take care of their own problems, but the Pakistanis will say 'jo bhi karey ga Allah kare ga'".

:ph34r:
I know you intended this as a joke but one of the basic beliefs for muslims is that you work hard and give your best shot and leave the results on god which in essence means your luck is in Allah's hand. So what wrong in saying 'jo bhi karey ga Allah kare ga'" provided you have done whatever there was in your own hands.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Saved by the rain

But Yousuf's statements about Allah helping them draw just reflects the fact that he is not the right man for the job. Someone who looks upto Allah to save him despite pathetic performances cannot be a leader. A leader is someone who doesnt make excuses, but wants to win on his own performances!
They batted for 200 hunderd overs despite facing a 250 run deficit (albeit was a flatty) so in now way it was a pathetic performance and in the end I feel they deserved the lucky break given to them by ALLAH.

Yousuf is not making excuses he is admitting they got a lucky break to get out with a drawn series and he did his part by making a fighting 90.

Fusion

Global Moderator
provided you have done whatever there was in your own hands.
That's exactly what the joke is implying that Pakistani's don't do. I happen to think there's some truth to that in our society in certain cases, but nevertheless it is merely just a joke. No harm intended, specially from NP.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That's exactly what the joke is implying that Pakistani's don't do. I happen to think there's some truth to that in our society in certain cases, but nevertheless it is merely just a joke. No harm intended, specially from NP.
Weak people who achieve zlich in life are there in every society.Usually these type of people will use something to mask their faliures and shortcomngs and I guess religon is an easy tool to use in our society by these people.

But its unfair to say that if you are outwardly religous then you will leave everything in Allah's as it is being implied to Yousuf by some in this thread.You don't become a successful sportsman lie Mo Yo if you leave everything on fate.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They batted for 200 hunderd overs despite facing a 250 run deficit (albeit was a flatty) so in now way it was a pathetic performance and in the end I feel they deserved the lucky break given to them by ALLAH.

Yousuf is not making excuses he is admitting they got a lucky break to get out with a drawn series and he did his part by making a fighting 90.
Well that depends on how you define pathetic. I think to be 50/5 on a pitch where Tuffey scores an unbeaten 80 is pathetic. Its simply poor batting. I dont care how much they score in the second innings to ensure a draw...Pakistan never looked like they were going to win this match, they never looked like they were hungry and focused to win this match..which is odd considering this is a decider, and considering how they were trounced by New Zealand in the ODI series and in CT.

Xuhaib

International Coach
^ maybe thats why he is not a succesful leader?? maybe thats why he isnt as successful a batsman as he could have been?
yeah now we know why Bothan,Sachin, Lara, Chnderpaul were not successfull as skippers because they were all religous fandoos prayed 5 times a days and liked to use the word Allah is their post match interviews.

As for his batting I differ and rate him to be very successful batsman yes he is below Sachin,Dravid and even Inzi by a new nothches but thats got nothing to do with his religou beliefs but more his technique and temperament,

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well that depends on how you define pathetic. I think to be 50/5 on a pitch where Tuffey scores an unbeaten 80 is pathetic. Its simply poor batting. I dont care how much they score in the second innings to ensure a draw...Pakistan never looked like they were going to win this match, they never looked like they were hungry and focused to win this match..which is odd considering this is a decider, and considering how they were trounced by New Zealand in the ODI series and in CT.
Batting collapse can happen anytime especially on a fresh 1st session pitch even if its a flat deck wasn't India 32-4 vs SL on a road on a first morning of a test match a few days back. I thought the comeback was good in the sense the backs were against the wall after the first sesson of the test and the team had to gut it out till they recived some good fortune from ALLAH.

I am sure a team that has played so little cricket and has such an unsettled squad would be happy to get away with a drawn series in an away series. Like I said before this is not the Pakistan of 80's and 90's that a drawn series in NZL will be a let down. This side is among the bottom 4 in test cricket so its a decent achievment.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I was dead serious.

Religious fanatasism will only hold Pakistan cricket back.
yet the best period Pakistan enjoyed in this decade was under a religous fanatic Inzi. Not supporting Religious fanatasism but I feel you are over rating its role. There was as much internal politcs in the Pakistani locker room during the days of liberal Wasim,Waqar,Malik or Moin as it is now.

Pakistan cricket is being help back by the unprofessional mangement of PCB where nepotism and corruption is rampant, players being overtly religous is not even a minor issue.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was dead serious.

Being committed to your religion, having faith and trusting in God does not make you a fanatic. As far as I know Yousuf hasn't been trying to "convert" opposition players on the pitch.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah now we know why Bothan,Sachin, Lara, Chnderpaul were not successfull as skippers because they were all religous fandoos prayed 5 times a days and liked to use the word Allah is their post match interviews.

As for his batting I differ and rate him to be very successful batsman yes he is below Sachin,Dravid and even Inzi by a new nothches but thats got nothing to do with his religou beliefs but more his technique and temperament,
You have completely missed my point. I dont know why Botham, Lara and Sachin were poor leaders. Each has their own reason. They might have other weaknesses.
What I said was, Yousuf does not come across as a strong leader with a statement like that, he comes across as a weak one infact, and a leader unwilling to honest about his and his team's performances and happy for Allah to send rain everytime they bat poorly. Thats not a quality of a leader. I was not making a general statement about all poor leaders.

As for him being a successful, that depends on your standards I guess. He is definitely successful against relatively weaker bowling sides at home but averages in the 30s against the best teams in the world and does not perform under pressure. Thats why I said he is not as successful as he could have been. If he acheived all that, then maybe he would be those few notches below Dravid and Sachin.

Batting collapse can happen anytime especially on a fresh 1st session pitch even if its a flat deck wasn't India 32-4 vs SL on a road on a first morning of a test match a few days back. I thought the comeback was good in the sense the backs were against the wall after the first sesson of the test and the team had to gut it out till they recived some good fortune from ALLAH.
But you have to look at the overall performance..If you can score 700 in the next match, I dont mind being 32/4 once. But Pakistan's batting has been atrocious to say the least in this series. They could have won the first test match, chasing 250 is not impossible.
Now I was not upset with the likes of Farhat, Butt, Fawad Alam and Mallik failing here because I dont have much regard for them and I know they dont have the quality to perform overseas against bowlers like Bond and O Brien. But my problem was with Yousuf, because he averages over 50, recently hailed himself as more successful than Miandad and Inzamam because of his records, has over 7000 test runs...so what excuse does he have for his failures. Now you can say oh he scored 80...but I set slightly high standards for those who claim to be the best batsmen in the team..so for me 80 is not good enough from the leading batsman of the team and someone who also happens to be the captain.

I am sure a team that has played so little cricket and has such an unsettled squad would be happy to get away with a drawn series in an away series. Like I said before this is not the Pakistan of 80's and 90's that a drawn series in NZL will be a let down. This side is among the bottom 4 in test cricket so its a decent achievment.
Once again, it all comes down to standards. You have perhaps set very low standards for the Pakistan team, and feel satisfied with 1-1 result..I dont...I wanted Pakistan to win this series in New Zealand, and put up a strong fight in Australia, and in England next year. I dont like excuses of not playing cricket. When you are on the field, you have to perform, no use making excuses. South Africa came back to cricket in 92 and ended up in the semi finals of the World Cup instead of making excuses "oh we were out of cricket for so long"

I was dead serious.

Your statements are not backed up by any evidence. How do you define religious fanaticism? What actions of the Pakistan team reflects religious fanaticism according to you? If you serious charges like that, be prepared to back them up.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
BlackWarrior,

I think you are being very harsh on Yousuf for this series. He was carrying the entire batting line up and still managed 2 crucial 2nd innings one which helped us getting a win and the other allowed Pakistan to secure a draw. In the first test he played brillaintly in the 2nd innings and it was unfortunate he got an unplayable delivery from Martin that got him out till then he had looked solid agaisnt a rampant Bond and looked all set to secure a win.

Yes he had two ducks but then we have to accept all good batsman are most vulnerable early on and Mo Yo has a known weakness against left arm spin so he was always suceptible to fall to Vettori early.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well there are problems with that..he is wrongly suggesting that God is biased, He denies a deserving team of victory against a lazy bunch of pathetic batsmen who destroyed their own chances by batting so poorly on the first day. Lot of people will have problems accepting that.
It becomes problematic and controversial.
Still he has the right to ask for help from God. Its a God given right. Not here to discuss religion. But the simple fact is, that anyone can pray. Even saying things like Inshallah or Mashallah are prayers.....so nothing wrong with that.

Faisal1985

Anyone can argue that the pitch got much easier to bat on as the time passed. 50/5 the first day and then the next it was Tuffey's innings....Pitch did change quite a bit over time. Hence, you also saw the same Pak batting line up batting for 200 overs.

Faisal1985

Weak people who achieve zlich in life are there in every society.Usually these type of people will use something to mask their faliures and shortcomngs and I guess religon is an easy tool to use in our society by these people.

But its unfair to say that if you are outwardly religous then you will leave everything in Allah's as it is being implied to Yousuf by some in this thread.You don't become a successful sportsman lie Mo Yo if you leave everything on fate.
Very well put................