• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think the decision to bowl Kulasekara and take Mendis off backfired. Mendis and Murali together could have really applied the pressure. As it is, the match won't go to the 50th over.

Well played England though, to hang on. I saw 7-8 overs after coming home from dinner and thought their batsmen were really struggling out in the middle and thought they were dire. They did the important thing though. It is still not over. Makes this group interesting though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the decision to bowl Kulasekara and take Mendis off backfired. Mendis and Murali together could have really applied the pressure. As it is, the match won't go to the 50th over.

Well played England though, to hang on. I saw 7-8 overs after coming home from dinner and thought their batsmen were really struggling out in the middle and thought they were dire. They did the important thing though. It is still not over. Makes this group interesting though.
You're not watching the match, are you? They bowled together for 7 or 8 overs and were dominated.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They should have carried on together IMO Uppercut. Mendis offered hope in the form of ms hits by batsmen and the next thing we know, he is taken off.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm very impressed with England's batting here. Lots of singles were scored, and more importantly, huge partnerships were built. That has had its effect on the Lankans, who seem to have lost their bite here. How much of a contribution was made by the sixes hit by Collingwood is a question- some of them were very tough shots to play.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should have carried on together IMO Uppercut. Mendis offered hope in the form of ms hits by batsmen and the next thing we know, he is taken off.
Kula looked like he could nab one too to be fair. But Mendis could be seriously dangerous against new batsmen with four overs left.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We'll see. My thought at the time was he was running out of overs so they saved him for after the breakthrough. There's still time of course.

EDIT
Admittedly I thought he'd get more than one over at this stage.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You want him to, ideally, but it was a good effort anyway. Compare his performance to everyone else who's tried batting on this pitch, it's just a class above.
Must have been good if you're praiding a Colly ODI innings

Anyway, can't watch, not sure whether I should be glad or not about that. Eeek. Nervous, but we'll do it.