• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

AaronK

State Regular
i mostly support Sri Lanka.. but i want them to lose this match.. i want every team to lose a match in this tournment..that would make an interesting tournment as it will show the teams as equally good as each other..

Dissector

International Debutant
The game drifting England's way. I think it will require a special spell from Murali to turn things around; he needs to be brought on now.

Dissector

International Debutant
Still no Murali. Is he injured or something? If he is OK, facing 17 overs of M&M will be a tough test for England now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England ODI batsman in not going on shocker. Even with the other useless **** a 70-80 from Colly would have been enough.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Was reading "Injured Younis not shirking tough games" on cricinfo....

Given the opponent, it is likely he would've turned up had he lost a limb but nothing is ever to be assumed in Pakistan cricket; few people have forgotten just who didn't turn up for the 1996 World Cup quarter-final against India. "I am playing tomorrow. I was told four weeks rest but I want to take my chance tomorrow, playing against India. Maybe if it wasn't India I would've skipped this match. It's very easy for me to run away, I have a fracture and I can leave it, not play against India and Australia. But these are big games. If you don't perform in a big tournament you have to face consequences and it is very easy for me to run away here."

Akram you f***ing *ussy................never turned up for the all important quarter final.......

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think "not going on" is a pretty harsh criticism in one-day cricket. Even the all-time greats only get a century every nine or ten innings, and it's generally nowhere near as difficult to start as it is in tests. Colly made a good contribution- could have been better, but it was a good contribution. Now it's up to the others to do the rest.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'm glad we've got these 2 at the crease with Murali and Mendis bowling in tandem. Probably the 2 best players of spin in this XI; although that's not saying much. Just seen some more quality running from Shah though, I'd be amazed if there wasn't 1 run out in this innings, especially if Shah stays out there.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think "not going on" is a pretty harsh criticism in one-day cricket. Even the all-time greats only get a century every nine or ten innings, and it's generally nowhere near as difficult to start as it is in tests. Colly made a good contribution- could have been better, but it was a good contribution. Now it's up to the others to do the rest.
Maybe if they were needing 6-7 an over when you need to take risks which may not come off, but in a situation like this you really want someone to just bat and bat.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe if they were needing 6-7 an over when you need to take risks which may not come off, but in a situation like this you really want someone to just bat and bat.
You want him to, ideally, but it was a good effort anyway. Compare his performance to everyone else who's tried batting on this pitch, it's just a class above.