• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ideally he'd be be at 5 or 6 at the moment, but they're not up for grabs. But we all know there isn't a viable number 3 for England at the moment, so what do you do?
The alternative to a genuine #3 is usually just picking three openers, but I definitely don't fancy Denly or Moore in Tests in any position at the moment.

It'll be Bell if Bopara gets the chop, rightly or wrongly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's not available. If he is selected to play for England, I shall visit the car park at Hove and slash his tyres to stop him leaving
Don't worry, the chances of a 24-year-old being dropped for a 31-year-old are remote to non-existent, even if the 31-year-old is a better batsman. 8-)

91Jmay

International Coach
Just allowing England to tick over though.

Pietersen just came in. Wonder who he'd rather face, Siddle or North?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
About 5 degrees outside. At my wits end with these pitches, just had enough.
Two massive wickets while you were out in the cold. Game now reasonably evenly balanced - another couple of wickets and Australia will have the upper hand, and frankly that's quite likely to happen.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I don't know why but England have a habit of making part timers look like world beaters. We treat them with too much respect.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The alternative to a genuine #3 is usually just picking three openers, but I definitely don't fancy Denly or Moore in Tests in any position at the moment.

It'll be Bell if Bopara gets the chop, rightly or wrongly.
Basically, thank &%$£ Vaughan retired. And I sooooo thought of the Trott comment as well.

pasag

RTDAS
Two massive wickets while you were out in the cold. Game now reasonably evenly balanced - another couple of wickets and Australia will have the upper hand, and frankly that's quite likely to happen.
Got locked outside for about half an hour and mate was filling me in on the phone. Would be pretty happy if we finished with 5 wickets for the day and somehow slowed down the scoring rate. Wonder if this would have happened if we took that extra wicket at Cardiff.