• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

ripper868

International Coach
Hilfy made a trip to KFC and got the limited edition Swingking...look for ponting to pull him off for johnson soon.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How many failures will Ravi be given, 3rd test?

Take the Windies out and he hasn't scored a run against any other test playing nation. Seems far too shallow to be batting at three.
Ideally he'd be be at 5 or 6 at the moment, but they're not up for grabs. But we all know there isn't a viable number 3 for England at the moment, so what do you do?

simmy

International Regular
English people are so fickle. It has faced probably the only good bit of bowling of the day and was done by a decent inswinger.

Just chill out, get off his back because he is clearly nervous and arguably our second most talented batter.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I'd bowl Huss over North if it's swinging (assuming they don't want to bowl Siddle just yet)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How many failures will Ravi be given, 3rd test?

Take the Windies out and he hasn't scored a run against any other test playing nation. Seems far too shallow to be batting at three.
I don't really rate him particularly highly and wouldn't have picked him to begin with ITBT, but he hasn't really been given an extended run.

He looked completely out of his depth against Sri Lanka and was duly dropped but he's looked a lot better in his second stint - admittedly against the West Indies. He deserves more than three innings to prove that wasn't merely taking advantage of poor opposition, IMO, although if he still hasn't passed 50 by the third Test I'd probably re-evaluate his position for the fourth. Given the spare batsman in the square is Ian Bell and the Lions team contained the likes of Solanki and Morgan, though, there's not a lot of quality in the cupboard. Joyce is one I'd probably consider I suppose - he seems a tougher character at least and despite having a poor 2007-08, has played some particularly noteworthy innings this season in tough conditions if the CW domestic season thread is to be believed.

Last edited:

simmy

International Regular
If England are more than 4 down by the end of play, from this position, you would consider that a failure. Especially with their spinner on the fritz.