• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost the toss, bowler down, Adebayor not sold yet. Horrific day.

At least it's Friday soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For some reason, on some level deep inside, I actually want England to win this game. I'm not even sure why.

It worries me. I think only Burgey can save me now.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Will Hauritz be able to bat? On a pitch like this, with England having got off to a relatively good start, I fear his batting more than his bowling tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, like Strauss looking totally at ease and then getting out before Bopara who looked all at sea in the last Test, it's just the sort of thing you expect.

Another dropped catch, and Hauritz injured. Jammy bastard looks likely to get out of the 0-150 he deserved now. :@:@:@:@
Yes, I'm sure he feels really relieved whilst his finger is in agony... :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C'mon, it's not as if it was Viv Richards who hit the ball.
Do you think the hardest Viv Richards shot actually went faster than the hardest Andrew Strauss shot?

Richards was just better than most batsmen, he didn't hit the ball proportionally harder than anyone.

Jakester1288

International Regular
In a case like this with the bowler clearly injured you should be able to use the sub as a bowler. England should make 450+ now that Johnson is bowling rubbish, Siddle hasn't been doing anything special, the England batsmen are on a roll and now we are a bowler down. Macca and/or Watson should be allowed to bowl.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Do you think the hardest Viv Richards shot actually went faster than the hardest Andrew Strauss shot?

Richards was just better than most batsmen, he didn't hit the ball proportionally harder than anyone.
Yeah, farcical thought.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, getting on the draw as soon as I get home, thought about it prior to the game but the odds weren't that great...thats 5/2 now in English money isn't it?
Yeah, just got on it myself. Can't believe those odds. Almost tempted to have a flutter on Australia too; don't think they're out of this at all.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
When Ricky told his bowlers at lunchtime to pull their fingers out, I doubt he meant it quite so literally