• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
First time I've seen two let-offs in one ball since Edgbaston 2003.

And much as it might help the self-esteem of both bowler and wicketkeeper that it doesn't actually matter that they dropped it \ bowled a no-ball, that's two errors from Australia and two let-offs, even though it's only one for Strauss.

Very poor stuff, and precisely what you can't afford on this sort of deck.
Nah, cricket was the winner in that little incident. No ball - batsman error - dropped catch

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, cricket was the winner in that little incident. No ball - batsman error - dropped catch
Loser for mine - but ironically I don't actually think Strauss did a hell of a lot wrong. That ball would've been a RUD if it wasn't a no-ball. Good line and length, had to play, nipped away, took the edge to catchable position.

ripper868

International Coach
Hilfy bowling super stuff right now, bar the NB, wicket to fall before 40 overs.

EDIT: as I hit reply Cook plays that stunning pull.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully England don't **** this up and go onto to get the 500 plus they should have got in the first test.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hilfenhaus bowling well here - I reckon the world is just unfair enough that Mitch will end up with more wickets than Hilfy in this innings.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, 146Km/h and smeared to the mid-wicket fence like it was standing still. Further evidence it's a really flat deck.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless the bowler's half a metre over, I do I'm afraid. No evidence that a ball would behave differently if a bowler's foot was a few centimetres back.
Ooooh, my headache. Don't mate, please...

Shot there from Cook

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hilfy bowling super stuff right now, bar the NB, wicket to fall before 40 overs.
Hilfenhaus has bowled far too many no-balls on this tour. For an accurate bowler, it's seriously sloppy, Fraser\Pollock-esque, stuff. Can't say I've followed his domestic career with enough attention-to-detail to know whether it's a problem he's always had or just one that's cropped-up on this tour.
EDIT: as I hit reply Cook plays that stunning pull.
91mph pulled effortlessly over mid-wicket. Always good to see.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Loser for mine - but ironically I don't actually think Strauss did a hell of a lot wrong. That ball would've been a RUD if it wasn't a no-ball. Good line and length, had to play, nipped away, took the edge to catchable position.
I'm having a long hard look at myself. Things have reached a pretty pass when I find myself understanding your more arcane acronyms.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hilfenhaus bowling well here - I reckon the world is just unfair enough that Mitch will end up with more wickets than Hilfy in this innings.
Yeah, like Strauss looking totally at ease and then getting out before Bopara who looked all at sea in the last Test, it's just the sort of thing you expect.

Another dropped catch, and Hauritz injured. Jammy bastard looks likely to get out of the 0-150 he deserved now. :@:@:@:@