• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

stumpski

International Captain
By the way, as I'm aware that there could conceivably be more than one answer to this, I'll give an early hint: the player did not appear for a state, county, province or other 'regular' first-class team.

stumpski

International Captain
Q 4. Indian? No

Q 5. Famous through politics? No. Although they have had dealing with politicians on a regular basis.

stumpski

International Captain
Q 7. Phil the Greek? No. I see what you're getting at there, but although he had two spells as MCC President he's only played at recreational level.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Did you play in the 18th century ?

If not, did you play in the 19th century?

Were you related to the English Royal family?

stumpski

International Captain
:laugh: I'd love to say, "I'm Spartacus" - but unfortunately, I'm not.

Q 1. Australian? NO
Q 2. Last name Foster? NO
Q 3. Family famous for cricket? NO
Q 4. Indian? NO
Q 5. Famous for politics? NO
Q 6. Royal blood? YES
Q 7. Prince Philip? NO
Q 8. 19th century? YES
Q 9. English royalty? YES
Q10. Spartacus? NO

I have a feeling that Archie will know who it is now.

stumpski

International Captain
Neither of the first two, but you're on the right lines - think of another - fairly well-known - club side (they're still going, I think).

HINT: The match took place at Scarborough, in the 1880s.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay let me take the next one.

A group of clergymen protested against my 'style' of cricket. They even suggested that if I did not change my ways it would bring about the demise of the game itself ! Who am I and what was it about my cricket that so bothered the men of religion for them to threaten the game itself with divine retribution.