• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
10. How about most consecutive innings/matches without getting to the crease?....NO

11. Or the longest run of not outs?....NO

12. related to Amount of career runs ????...... NO

13. Shane Warne most runs without a hundred....NO

14. Is the player English?....YES

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am a spinner. I hold this record for soooo long. I dont know if it will be broken in my life time. Who am I and what is the record?

Q1. anything related to the runs conceded ...... NO
Q2. Is it a Test record?.....NO
Q3. Is the player Indian?.......NO
Q4. Related to a quantity of wicket taken?......NO
Q5. Sonny Ramadhin? ......NO
Q6. Hat-tricks? ........NO
Q7. Related to a number of overs/maidens bowled?........NO
Q8. Okay then. Is it a batting record ? .... YES
Q9. Not a positive batting record?...... NO, not positive
Q. 10. How about most consecutive innings/matches without getting to the crease?....NO
Q11. Or the longest run of not outs?....NO
Q12. related to Amount of career runs ????...... NO
Q13. Shane Warne most runs without a hundred....NO
Q14. Is the player English?....YES

Hints Galore :
I am an off spinner.
Till I broke this record, it was held by a wicket keeper.
I made the record towards the fag end of my career.
The record has changed hands only twice in the last hundred years.​

stumpski

International Captain
I think I know what this is, haven't checked it though. Is it something to do with Geoff Miller? The former Derbyshire and England spinner took a long time to get his maiden f-c hundred, beating a record held by Bob Taylor IIRC.

Is that what it is, most innngs to make first 100 in first-class cricket?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think I know what this is, haven't checked it though. Is it something to do with Geoff Miller? The former Derbyshire and England spinner took a long time to get his maiden f-c hundred, beating a record held by Bob Taylor IIRC.

Is that what it is, most innngs to make first 100 in first-class cricket?
By the way, that record is held not by Miller but by another England spinner, left armer Underwood. 591 matches including the one in which he did it. And yes he broke Bob Taylor's record of 539 matches before that.

stumpski

International Captain
I was going to suggest Underwood, until you said it was an off-spinner. 'Deadly' Derek got his at Hastings, in a match that ended in a tie.