• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Steulen

International Regular
Honestly, you English need some bloody floodlights at Lords.
Agreed, and cricket as a whole needs to stop suspending play for all sorts of iffy reasons. Bad light, too much light, stampeding elephants, just stop whining and play.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
On Sky Sports, Holding was analysing Jimmy Anderson's action - does anyone have a clip of it or want to give me the general jist of what he said. I tuned in just as he was finishing.

Natman20

International Debutant
Just as I predicted. Weather and gloom is going to get in the way of this series. Nothing worse than two days with only 270 on the board, Highly unlikely to be a result imo

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
How surprising from Mr Negativity.
I suppose you are a New Zealander, but it would be nice if you break the mold and not be such a pessimist

(Expecting something about "being realistic" as a comebacker)
Well I was right about Southee, and who in their right mind would've predicted Chris Martin to have survived 12 deliveries against the new ball in the gloom?

Woodster

International Captain
On Sky Sports, Holding was analysing Jimmy Anderson's action - does anyone have a clip of it or want to give me the general jist of what he said. I tuned in just as he was finishing.
He was suggesting the only major difference between Anderson and Broad was Anderson's head position on the point of delivery, looking down, and that this may possibly be the cause of his inconsistency, but not definitely.

Also Athers (I think it was ) added that he has returned to the style in which he used to bowl after efforts made from Troy Cooley to alter his action so his head is not so obviously looking at the floor.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
He was suggesting the only major difference between Anderson and Broad was Anderson's head position on the point of delivery, looking down, and that this may possibly be the cause of his inconsistency, but not definitely.

Also Athers (I think it was ) added that he has returned to the style in which he used to bowl after efforts made from Troy Cooley to alter his action so his head is not so obviously looking at the floor.
It is amazing that after 5 years we are all saying the same old stuff about someone so obviously flawed that it is impossible to develop the consistency to be a decent Test bowler.

He will always be able to bowl the odd killer delivery but never be able to exhert any sustained pressure.