• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 07-08 season thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nuggets were terrible and will be swept by the Lakers. Shame, they should've tanked and gotten a lottery pick to help them more next season. It's just not going to happen for AI :(
i don't think they were that terrible, they scored well as is their wont, they just couldn't get enough stops at the other end and with their "defense", that is to be expected...just got beaten by a better team is all...gasol really tore them up, they don't have an answer for him right now, camby was totally ineffective in this game...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When is the MVP named? I always thought it was announced the day before the playoffs began?

Read that the Bucks have a new GM & a new head coach, so It'll be interesting to see what he does in terms of roster changes for next season.
New GM has brought in the Chicago coach who was dumped after they started 9-too many at the start of the season. Apparently defensive minded which is where the Bucks really need to improve.

Word is only Bogut and the two rookies YI and Sessions are the only 'safe' players on the roster. Sessions actually got EC Rookie for April.

duffer

i don't think they were that terrible, they scored well as is their wont, they just couldn't get enough stops at the other end and with their "defense", that is to be expected...just got beaten by a better team is all...gasol really tore them up, they don't have an answer for him right now, camby was totally ineffective in this game...
George Karl and his obsession with garbage like Anthony Carter and average players like Kleiza and Najera needs to go. He had a chance to move Kleiza/2nd for Artest this year and didn't take it. Camby has been terrible 2nd half this season too, most overrated DPOY ever.

That team needs to be blown up and have them start all over. Karl first one out the door. Cannot believe he still can't get them to play defence and still thinks there's no need for a structured offense with defined player roles. Apart from Kmart and JR Smith I can't see any real positives for them this season.

Meanwhile CP3 is going absolutely ballistic now. Loving him and Chandler now, looking a really ominous lineup. Dirk being made to look a bitch come playoff time again. No surprises there, he got his but couldn't lift his teamates.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
George Karl and his obsession with garbage like Anthony Carter and average players like Kleiza and Najera needs to go. He had a chance to move Kleiza/2nd for Artest this year and didn't take it. Camby has been terrible 2nd half this season too, most overrated DPOY ever.
carter i agree but kleiza is a good player...and artest is brilliant but is just too moody and volatile and after a while, it rubs off on his teammates as well so i am not too sure that trade would've worked wonders for the nuggets...as for najera, he is one of the few who can defend well in that team, i think he is a very useful reserve player...camby is a good defender but last year his defensive stats were really inflated because absolutely no one else(in the starting five) played any defense to speak of and he didn't deserve the d.p.o.y for being the only good starting defender in that team...

That team needs to be blown up and have them start all over. Karl first one out the door. Cannot believe he still can't get them to play defence and still thinks there's no need for a structured offense with defined player roles. Apart from Kmart and JR Smith I can't see any real positives for them this season.
yeah george karl has failed to make them serious contenders...kmart although healthy is a shadow of the player who used to rock in new jersey and got an all-star appearance during the nets' consecutive runs to the finals...and j.r smith is an explosive player but too inconsistent...

Meanwhile CP3 is going absolutely ballistic now. Loving him and Chandler now, looking a really ominous lineup. Dirk being made to look a bitch come playoff time again. No surprises there, he got his but couldn't lift his teamates.
cp3 has been terrific so far and dallas has had no answers for him...kidd looks a step slow and out of synch and other than nowitzki's one man show, they have nothing to be happy about, let's see if they can push themselves up and defend their homecourt...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nuggets are pathetic because their top players(AI and CA) are selfish and either dont know how to play defense or dont want to play defense. Najera is alright..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
CP is amazing and IMO one of the best pure PGs to play the game since the likes of Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson. He reminds me of the classic PG position who controls the floor and drive the team as its commander most of the time but can take over the scoring if needed.

Mavs(and to some extent Suns) are in deep trouble, this time not because of Dirk though. It's just that other western conference teams have become better (and younger), whereas their(mavs/Suns) game has stayed at the same level and at the same time the team has become older.

Last edited:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
The depth in this year's Western Conference race was misleading... All of these series will end in 4 or 5 games. Spurs/Suns may go 6, depending on how well the Suns play at home, but it's pretty clear that the top four sseds are the best teams in the Western Conference. It's a shame the MVP was decided on who won the West. I think Garnett should've got it, but they threw him a bone with the Defensive Player of the Year award.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The depth in this year's Western Conference race was misleading... All of these series will end in 4 or 5 games. Spurs/Suns may go 6, depending on how well the Suns play at home, but it's pretty clear that the top four sseds are the best teams in the Western Conference. It's a shame the MVP was decided on who won the West. I think Garnett should've got it, but they threw him a bone with the Defensive Player of the Year award.
you are right to a certain extent...the bottom 4 and the warriors could match up well against most of the teams in the east though except of course the celtics and the pistons...so if you look at it that way, the conference is comparatively really strong...but you are right that they are not really showing up as contenders for a championship except for maybe the suns, but they had the misfortune of drawing the spurs in their first round...dallas has really taken a step back after the acquisition of kidd, chris paul has been showing him up so much it's been embarrasing so far..and houston(without yao) and denver(without any "d") were not going to contend anyway...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wizards better off without Arenas. Selfish player.
yeah he is a good to great scorer when he is fully fit and in form but he is not the franchise player that he has been made out to be...plus the guy is an idiot, shoots off his mouth at every opportunity about how great he is and then doesn't follow through...

duffer

Wizards better off without Arenas. Selfish player.
Has he officially gone yet? If he does leave, then making Caron their star is the way to go. Third best SF in the league IMO (behind LeBron and Melo) and a guy who can be a leader.

Also, Larry Brown leaves the Sixers :( Big opportunity for the Knicks or Nuggets (amongst others) to get a real top tier coach next season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the suns get blown out against the spurs, that too in phoenix! it was an offensive and defensive clinic by san antonio led by parker...for all their bluster, this should be enough to convince them that they are not as good as the spurs and that mike d'antoni is certainly not phil jackson when it comes to closing the lanes on parker and ginobili and contesting their jump shots...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers blow out the nuggets for the 3rd consecutive time...they have increased their margin of victory each time...this has proved to be a much greater mismatch than anticipated...

duffer

the suns get blown out against the spurs, that too in phoenix! it was an offensive and defensive clinic by san antonio led by parker...for all their bluster, this should be enough to convince them that they are not as good as the spurs and that mike d'antoni is certainly not phil jackson when it comes to closing the lanes on parker and ginobili and contesting their jump shots...

I love how people criticise A.I for his defending but give Steve Nash a pass on his. He's been an easy target for any speedy guard all his career and Tony absolutely lights him up every time the teams play. Scary thing for me is Tony looks a better player this year than he was during last year's playoffs. Spurs-Lakers is going to be epic, although the Jazz and Hornets can come to the party still.

Looking forward to seeing the Blazers next season though, with Greg Oden back, Sergio coming from Spain to play with Roy and a high draft pick they could be the new powerhouse in a couple of years time.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I love how people criticise A.I for his defending but give Steve Nash a pass on his. He's been an easy target for any speedy guard all his career and Tony absolutely lights him up every time the teams play. Scary thing for me is Tony looks a better player this year than he was during last year's playoffs.
All Maverick fans are familiar with Parker blowing past Nash. It used to happen all the time when he played with the Mavs. Hell, even Mike Bibby used to own him when we played the Kings. It has continually amazed me how the perception of Steve Nash the player changed when he went to the Suns. Suddenly, all his shortcomings were ignored and he was the greatest PG since Magic. Well, he still has trouble with the fast, athletic guys like he did with the Mavs. For all the accolades thrown his way, he still hasn't led a team to the Finals.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Lebron destroying the Wizards right now. The dumbest thing in sports history was a spare player calling him over-rated and the crowd joining in. Sure, give the best player in the conference some added motivation, that's smart. :laugh:

Game 4 tonight for Hornets-Mavs. At least the Mavs showed some pride and showed up for the first time in game 3. They are still on life-support but if they win tonight's game, they would at least make it interesting. If the Mavs crash out in the first round again, I expect Avery to be fired.

Johnners

Wow, 76ers leading the Pistons by 13 with 2 to go in the first half. If the Pistons lose this series, I'd almost back the Cavs to make the Finals series again.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I love how people criticise A.I for his defending but give Steve Nash a pass on his. He's been an easy target for any speedy guard all his career and Tony absolutely lights him up every time the teams play. Scary thing for me is Tony looks a better player this year than he was during last year's playoffs. Spurs-Lakers is going to be epic, although the Jazz and Hornets can come to the party still.
how about both are poor defenders? although a.i is at least one of the league leaders in steals, nash is really good only on the offensive end, he does take some charges but otherwise disappears more or less on the defensive end...