• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Nishant

International 12th Man
Yes. Mitchell Johnson should be played in the boxing day test match. He gets ball in to the right handed batsman which might trouble the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag. Even though IMO, the series is hugely in favour in Australia, I would like to see How Indian batsman will play Lee an Johnson. Lee has been bowling well recently.
quite true.....Lee has been great 4 the aussies lately...should be interesting to see hw the indian batsmen handle his pace on the pitches that offer more bounce!

irfan

State Captain
I hate to say this but Sreesanth is a massive, massive loss for us. Our bowling attack looks decidedly less potent without him. Hopefully Pathan can fill the void and do his bit otherwise we will get absolutely smashed 4-0. Batting looks solid but I am struggling to find where the 20 wkts will come from ....

Like the look of Pankaj, seems to be the consistent, reliable type hope he gets a game at the WACA

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
i really do hope the indians actually put up a fight. i'm sick of barracking against my own country just for the sake of having the privelidge of watching 5 days of cricket (not 3 and a half as per use.)

Evermind

International Debutant
**** man, you can't even take a frickin' joke.

If you watched the way the Aussies batted in that ODI, it'd be obvious that ODI meant nothing.

You're an idiot.
:laugh: You're a pathetic, spineless sycophant sucking up to the Indian team all the time. Good going. Not only that, but retards like you love to attack those who criticise the Mighty Indian Team in the slightest.

A little less literate, and you'd be one of those burning effigies in villages after a loss and putting Tendulkar's photos on an altar and asking your sister to worship him after a win. 8-)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I find it impossible how some people are so confidently predicting a 3-0 or 4-0 win for Australia. Come on guys, Yes Australia are favourites but this Indian batting side is not going to collapse at the sight of the Australians.

funnygirl

State Regular
:laugh: You're a pathetic, spineless sycophant sucking up to the Indian team all the time. Good going. Not only that, but retards like you love to attack those who criticise the Mighty Indian Team in the slightest.

A little less literate, and you'd be one of those burning effigies in villages after a loss and putting Tendulkar's photos on an altar and asking your sister to worship him after a win. 8-)
U r just too unbearable .If u don't want to support India. Go and support the Aussies :@
They always win .

Yes, Indian team some times do pathetic and a true fan shouldn't be a ''glory ''seeking fan like u .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

But you're the one the whinges after India loses, not me. So wouldn't you be the one burning the effigies?

Lol, idiot.

Evermind

International Debutant
But you're the one the whinges after India loses, not me. So wouldn't you be the one burning the effigies?

Lol, idiot.
India haven't lost during the time I've been posting, so I dunno what you're talking about.

"Lol, idiot".

Ah, the words of an intelligent man.

Well nevermind. I'm gonna try not to bash India too much. I'm certainly hoping they put up a good fight, and the scoreline's better than 4-0. Hell, if India win or even draw the series I'll put up the national flag and sreesanth's face (or any other player's face, possibly harbhajan's (GOOD GOD) ) as my avatar.

Is there a special thread for avatar challenges or do they go anywhere?

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it impossible how some people are so confidently predicting a 3-0 or 4-0 win for Australia. Come on guys, Yes Australia are favourites but this Indian batting side is not going to collapse at the sight of the Australians.
The only Indian batsman I have confidence in is Dravid - he's my bet to score the most runs this series because:

a. He's a great player; and

b. India will get nearly double the amount of innings

Unfortunately, I see it as being totally one way traffic.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The only Indian batsman I have confidence in is Dravid - he's my bet to score the most runs this series because:

a. He's a great player; and

b. India will get nearly double the amount of innings

Unfortunately, I see it as being totally one way traffic.
Lets see. I think India will lose the series too but I suspect they will put up a tough fight. You are right about Dravid but thats not what India needs to win. Its bowlers to take 20 wickets and it is this that will let them down in the final analysis.

One is still keeping one's fingers and toes crossed and I think we are in for a great spectacle. If I wasn't so stuck in my new appartment, I would have gone to Australia to watch this series. We will never see Sachin, Rahul and Laxman facing upto the Australian attack in Australia again and for that alone this series is so precious for me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India haven't lost during the time I've been posting, so I dunno what you're talking about.

"Lol, idiot".

Ah, the words of an intelligent man.

Well nevermind. I'm gonna try not to bash India too much. I'm certainly hoping they put up a good fight, and the scoreline's better than 4-0. Hell, if India win or even draw the series I'll put up the national flag and sreesanth's face (or any other player's face, possibly harbhajan's (GOOD GOD) ) as my avatar.

Is there a special thread for avatar challenges or do they go anywhere?
You whinge about India when they win (eg. first test vs. Pakistan). I can only imagine how bad you are after a series loss. You must have yelled at random strangers when India were knocked out of the World Cup.

And yes there is an avatar challenge thread.

And its rich of you to talk about how 'intelligent men' speak considering your last post, and bringing people's sisters into it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets see. I think India will lose the series too but I suspect they will put up a tough fight. You are right about Dravid but thats not what India needs to win. Its bowlers to take 20 wickets and it is this that will let them down in the final analysis.

One is still keeping one's fingers and toes crossed and I think we are in for a great spectacle. If I wasn't so stuck in my new appartment, I would have gone to Australia to watch this series. We will never see Sachin, Rahul and Laxman facing upto the Australian attack in Australia again and for that alone this series is so precious for me.
Dont get me wrong, I look forward to series between these countries as much as any.

However, India's lack of practice, the wet summer in Oz, India's bowlers, the WACA getting back to normal, etc spells disaster for the tourists IMO

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah I don't think we should let the Pakistan series blind us to the problems with the batting. India batted pretty well in England but there were some terrible capitulations before that: against South Africa , the Bombay test , and the 3rd test in Pakistan. Overall it's been a shaky, inconsistent line-up. In particular Tendulkar has been little better than average in test matches over the last couple of years. Plus the weak bowling means that it's nearly given that Australia will get a big total if they bat first and a sizeable lead if they bat second which will put more pressure on the batting.

I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see anything better than 3-0 for India this time.

funnygirl

State Regular
India's weak point is bowling .Right now we didn't have that depth in the bowling to take 20 wickets with an ijnured Zaheer (who is in form ) .

funnygirl

State Regular
You whinge about India when they win (eg. first test vs. Pakistan).
I can only imagine how bad you are after a series loss. You must have yelled at random strangers when India were knocked out of the World Cup.

And yes there is an avatar challenge thread.

And its rich of you to talk about how 'intelligent men' speak considering your last post, and bringing people's sisters into it.
Lol :laugh: ,i thought he is a pakistani after reading a certain comment like ''India doen't deserve to win after they dropped few chances ''.