• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

jeevan

International 12th Man
:laugh: You're a pathetic, spineless sycophant sucking up to the Indian team all the time. Good going. Not only that, but retards like you love to attack those who criticise the Mighty Indian Team in the slightest.

A little less literate, and you'd be one of those burning effigies in villages after a loss and putting Tendulkar's photos on an altar and asking your sister to worship him after a win. 8-)
Here he goes again, ruining yet another India-related thread :thumbdown

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
News report horrendous weather on the way to both Melbourne and Sydney

If that's the case, it's ikely that Melbourne will favour the seamers whilst Sydney can either do the same or be a slow seamer for a day or two and then turn square

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
News report horrendous weather on the way to both Melbourne and Sydney

If that's the case, it's ikely that Melbourne will favour the seamers whilst Sydney can either do the same or be a slow seamer for a day or two and then turn square
I think Melbourn's worst has past, the forecast is reasonable, bit of rain but nothing horrendous. The weather of the past 4 days though may be enough to keep the 4 pace men in the team.

pup11

International Coach
I wonder how much Hoggy paid him to say that.
Yeah that could be a possibility but jokes apart i also think the MCG drop-in pitch might not assist the seamers because due to all the rain in Melbourne the pitch curator wasn't able to do much work on the pitch leading into the test and that could very well mean we might get an underprepared slowish track for the boxing day test which might assist seam bowling early on in the game but it may only get slow and low as the game progresses and in that case having George's varition up our sleeves won't be a bad idea.

Woodster

International Captain
For me Australia must play their four seamers and leave Hogg out, perhaps that is is a touch biased because I am not a fan of Hogg, especially in the Test arena. India's strengths are playing spin bowling and the selection of Hogg would play into India's hands. If I was Tim Nielsen I would certainly look to hit their batsmen with pace and bounce, to a degree the pitch may dictate but this for me is Australia's strength.

Laurrz

International Debutant
yea i reckon it will be slow

but that doesnt mean its good for the spinners... turn is good... but slow turn is not good..

iamdavid

International Debutant
Hogg has to play so he can be smashed and never be considered for a test match again.
Then who is gonna play in Sydney, because they will pick A spinner in Sydney (and likely Adelaide) pretty much regardless of whether Hogg plays in Melbourne and how he performs...

pup11

International Coach
For me Australia must play their four seamers and leave Hogg out, perhaps that is is a touch biased because I am not a fan of Hogg, especially in the Test arena. India's strengths are playing spin bowling and the selection of Hogg would play into India's hands. If I was Tim Nielsen I would certainly look to hit their batsmen with pace and bounce, to a degree the pitch may dictate but this for me is Australia's strength.
But the MCG pitch doesn't seem to have the pace or bounce to assist the quickies so it would be madness to select an all pace-attack on that sort of track, i am not saying Hogg would run through the Indian team but he could be handy nonetheless in those sort of conditions, and lets be honest if Indians are to be troubled by quick bowling then the 3 frontline pace bowlers should be good enough to do that and if they play pace well in this series than it won't make much difference even if we play an extra quickie.
One more thing we gotta take into account is that the Indian bowling is their weak-link and i think they might struggle to bowl Australia out even once leave alone twice in a test, so in that scenario having Symonds in the side ain't the smartest thing to do, he won't be playing too many match-winning knocks and his bowling isn't likely to make an impact either so we should pick somebody like Noffke instead of him who can the be 4th quickie and he can bat decently enough at #7.

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
One more thing we gotta take into account is that the Indian bowling is their weak-link and i think they might struggle to bowl Australia out even once leave alone twice in a test, so in that scenario having Symonds in the side ain't the smartest thing to do, he won't be playing too many match-winning knocks and his bowling isn't likely to make an impact either so we should pick somebody like Noffke instead of him who can the be 4th quickie and he can bat decently enough at #7.
i dont think we can be that confident.. i am sure we'll get to see our tail bat this test match...

Matt79

Global Moderator
But the MCG pitch doesn't seem to have the pace or bounce to assist the quickies so it would be madness to select an all pace-attack on that sort of track, i am not saying Hogg would run through the Indian team but he could be handy nonetheless in those sort of conditions, and lets be honest if Indians are to be troubled by quick bowling then the 3 frontline pace bowlers should be good enough to do that and if they play pace well in this series than it won't make much difference even if we play an extra quickie.
TBF to Symonds, his last few test match performances have been pretty damn good. There's no grounds in his recent form to support dropping him.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hogg has to play so he can be smashed and never be considered for a test match again.
ha, now if that happens Australia will have a serious problem. But i think Hogg will go ok in this series whenever & wherever he plays, really believe he can translate some of that ODI form into the test arena.

pup11

International Coach
TBF to Symonds, his last few test match performances have been pretty damn good. There's no grounds in his recent form to support dropping him.
But Noffke brings a lot more to the current Australian squad when compared to Symonds, Symonds is in the team as a bit of a batting all-rounder but his bowling is a joke at the test level and jury is still out on his batting capability in the longer form of the game, since we no longer have the great Warne and McGrath we just can't afford to go in with only 4 frontline bowlers having a bowling all-rounder would add depth to our bowling attack so Noffke would be a better choice than Symonds IMO.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
The jury is still out on Noffke whether his current batting form is not just a purle patch or whether is a real transition into a solid batsman IMO. I would need to see him bat to be certain but i have my doubts whether he would be a capable test # 7.