• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
Wise is a left armer isn't he?

Surely that can only help Johnson's cause for a place in the Boxing Day test.
Johnson has got Tendulkar a couple of times in the past in ODI cricket too.

We need to play Tait. Need to. I really can't see us taking 20 wickets with Hogg in ahead of Tait. If Tait gets 5/120, that'll be a wonderful performance. We have the batsmen to negate the runs he was hit for, but we need 20 wickets.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I literally cannot remember the last time it rained like this in Melbourne and it happens to coincide with India's one and only warm up match. Maybe the gods are punishing them for not scheduling more. It is kinda sad though. Only in 2001 I remember the Ashes tour where Aus seemed to have quite a few warm up games which enabled all this competition for places and consequently team changes - that's part of what a tour is all about. And then there’s the chance for all the die hards to get closer to the Tendulkars, Gangulys etc that a test match doesn’t allow. That's all gone from the game now - it's just get in and get out :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The only possible benefit I can think of, and I'm clutching for straws here, is that it has ensured they don't have any more injuries going into the first test, as no one got hurt during the practice match.

No? Oh well :(

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I literally cannot remember the last time it rained like this in Melbourne and it happens to coincide with India's one and only warm up match. Maybe the gods are punishing them for not scheduling more. It is kinda sad though. Only in 2001 I remember the Ashes tour where Aus seemed to have quite a few warm up games which enabled all this competition for places and consequently team changes - that's part of what a tour is all about. And then there’s the chance for all the die hards to get closer to the Tendulkars, Gangulys etc that a test match doesn’t allow. That's all gone from the game now - it's just get in and get out :(
I love this happening! :) :)

I enjoy if Brett Lee ( or any pacer of Aus) gets a hattrick in first test or 10 wickets in the match . Just hoping,,,, Fingers crossed

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, wow. You've totally misinterpreted his statement.

We understand you don't like India, but get over it.

At least with Australia you'll finally be able to put someone in your avatar and they will more than likely beat India. Because it sure didn't work for your England and Pakistan player avatars.

Raghav

At least with Australia you'll finally be able to put someone in your avatar and they will more than likely beat India. Because it sure didn't work for your England and Pakistan player avatars.
Yep mate! Indians played well against pakis. England test series win is a rare achievement that also needs to be applaused

Laurrz

International Debutant
Wise is a left armer isn't he?

Surely that can only help Johnson's cause for a place in the Boxing Day test.
most definately

Midge is our 'wildcard' IMO..with talks of Lee and Tait and Hogg.... he could be the man... (quietly confident about Stuey Clark too :cool: :happy: )

iamdavid

International Debutant
most definately

Midge is our 'wildcard' IMO..with talks of Lee and Tait and Hogg.... he could be the man... (quietly confident about Stuey Clark too :cool: :happy: )
Yeah I also think Johnson is one to watch this series, has a very impressive record against India in one day cricket and he can bowl the unplayable delivery which will get pretty much anyone out (Tendulkar, Dravid etc included).

Really hope he isnt made 12th man to accomodate Tait.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Really hope the lack of time in the middle dosent affect India too badly, it would be very healthy and timely for test cricket if this were to be a competitive series...

Craig

World Traveller
Anybody watching the old WSC match between India and Australia. Some members on this site weren't even born when that mach was being played.

Craig

World Traveller
This one?

So much for India not being able to play at Perth hey? :p
Yep.

Shows how far cricket has come when scoring just over 4 an over is enough to win a game quite easily especially on a such a flat deck. These days it would of been a 300+ pitch for mine.

Raghav

Yes. Mitchell Johnson should be played in the boxing day test match. He gets ball in to the right handed batsman which might trouble the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag. Even though IMO, the series is hugely in favour in Australia, I would like to see How Indian batsman will play Lee an Johnson. Lee has been bowling well recently.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Think its "her", Jono... :)